Intern - Minor League Video
Oakland AthleticsMesa, AZ
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Minor League Video Intern
Department: Minor League
Reports to: Minor League Technology and Development Manager
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
City/State: Las Vegas, NV; Midland, TX; Stockton, CA; Beloit, WI; Burlington, VT; Mesa, AZ
The Oakland Athletics are seeking a paid, part time Minor League Video Intern for the 2019 season at each of the minor league affiliates (Las Vegas, NV; Midland, TX; Stockton, CA; Beloit, WI; Burlington, VT; Mesa, AZ). Eligible candidates must be available to work two weeks during spring training (March) and every home game during the season (through potential playoffs) including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Arrive several hours prior to each game to set up cameras and input rosters and lineups
• Be available before games to film bullpens, batting practice, early work, and help players and staff with any video/technology related requests
• Chart each home game using TrackMan software
• Review pitch/game data for any errors at conclusion of game and upload data to TrackMan system
• Review questionable pitches with the video to make sure the data going into our system is as accurate as possible
• Communicate with TrackMan support and the Oakland Athletics front office about technical issues that may come up
• Import video from cameras into editing software to sync and cut up the game's video
• Be available when the team is on the road for a couple hours a day to put together the video being sent by the coaches
• Upload video to the A's proprietary scouting software
• Work with and assist the coaching staff and players with video and technology requests
• Must be organized and have strong attention to detail
• Have a basic familiarity of Microsoft Office and Various Web Browsers
• Ability to effectively communicate and problem solve IT or other technical issues
• Prior experience with TrackMan or other computerized scoring software is preferred, but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you have previous experience operating TrackMan or any other computerized scoring software?
• Are you willing to relocate for the minor league season?
• Why are you a good fit for this position?
• Will you be attending the Winter Meetings in Las Vegas?