Intern - Groundscrew
Oakland AthleticsOakland, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Oakland Athletics are seeking a highly motivated college student for the position of Grounds Crew Intern. This position would get a hands-on experience with the process of maintaining a Major League Baseball field and National Football League field in the Oakland Coliseum. The intern will report to the Head Groundskeeper,
• Assistant Head Grounds Keeper or Crew Lead in attempt to assist the grounds crew with every day field maintenance.
• Assist with preparation and maintenance of infield skin areas and warning track.
• Assist with daily mound care and post-game mound packing.
• Assist with any field changeovers between baseball and football as well as any sod projects.
• Execute batting practice set up and tear down-Work on shop cleanup projects.
• Work with Assistant Head Groundskeeper in conjunction with the Athletics Green Team on sustainable and environmental review of grounds crew/stadium practices.
• Being able to work early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays.
• Possess the ability to work in a team environment with others and work safely.
• Having the ability to take verbal and written directions and apply them in a work setting.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.