Coordinator, Community Engagement
Oakland AthleticsOakland, CA
Full Time Job
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a Coordinator of Community Engagement to help execute community programs that strategically aligned to the Oakland A's mission and business objectives. This position will assist in the implementation of community engagement education initiatives. We are looking for a team player that is passionate about service and serving their community.
* Assist in the execution and implementation A's education programs including, Home Run Readers, Math Hits, Science of Baseball and Summer Sluggers
* Coordinate education program educator trainings, showcases and mailings
* Work collaboratively across teams and functions to effectively coordinate education events
* Maintain accurate records of education programs
* Coordinate Non-Profit of the Game fulfillment
* Assist with seasonal evaluation reporting and event tracking on education programs
* Assist with player and MLB community engagement efforts as needed
* Assist in other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Communications, Business Administration, Sports Management or related field
* Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and work independently
* Basic understanding of sports philanthropy; experience in sports philanthropy with a team or organization preferred
* Experience facilitating multi-faceted projects in a fast-paced environment
* Strong relationship building skills and familiarity with the local community
* High level of integrity and emotional intelligence
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
* Resilient and able to adapt to challenges associated with change
* Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings, as required
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?