50 / 50 Raffle Team Lead
Oakland AthleticsOakland, CA
Full Time Job
50/50 Raffle Team Lead
Department: Community Engagement
Reports to: Community Engagement Manager
Job Classification: Non-exempt
City/State: Oakland, CA
The Oakland Athletics Community Fund, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is looking for dependable, enthusiastic, highly-motivated, and hard-working individuals to help lead the 50/50 Raffle team members during Athletics home games this season. The position is designed to develop valuable management skills and gain work experience with a professional baseball organization.
The Raffle tickets will be sold from the time gates open (2 hours before first pitch) until the middle of the 6th inning. Arrival time will be about 3 ½ hours before first pitch (i.e. for a 7:05 p.m. game the shift begins at 3:30 pm and ends after the conclusion of the game).
• Coordinate the daily operations of the 50/50 Raffle Program
• Assist in the recruiting, hiring, and training efforts for 50/50 Raffle Sellers
• Assist in the direct supervision of 50/50 Raffle Program sellers
• Create and distribute game day schedules to staff prior to each homestand
• Coordinate pre-game duties, including but not limited to, setting up raffle technology, assigning selling locations for team members, preparing kiosks and equipment, facilitating pre-shift meetings, etc.
• Coordinate all end-of-game duties, including but not limited to cash drops, drawing of raffle winner, notifying scoreboard and Guest Relations, updating website, e-mailing nightly reports, etc.
• Maintain accurate records and run reports as needed
• Ensure each employees' timesheet is accurate; correct their hours as needed
• Ensure company policies and procedures are properly enforced
• Address performance concerns through the use of the corrective action process
• Produce creative daily fundraising incentives for team members
• Maintain all 50/50 Raffle equipment, including charging handhelds and printers, basic cleaning of kiosks, etc.
• Serve as an A's Community Fund Brand Ambassador in-stadium with the goal of enhancing guest experience
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
• GED/ High School Diploma required
• Supervisory experience a plus
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong customer service skill, prior customer service or sales experience is a plus
• Intermediate knowledge of mobile devices and tablets with ability to troubleshoot
• Goal oriented; ability to meet and exceed daily budgets
• Ability to work efficiently and independently in fast paced environments
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required
• Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions to include extreme heat, cold and rain
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to days, nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to work a minimum of 90% of the games from March through September, with potential for post season games
• Basic understanding of the etiquette and timing of baseball is a plus
• May be required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and/or climb up/down stairs
• May be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or sit
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you available to work a minimum of 90% of the games from March through September, with potential for post season games? (Y/N)