Winter / Spring Intern - Weekend All Things Considered /
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Winter/Spring 2019: January 7th – April 19th
This internship will support the All Things Considered, Weekend program.
Please note: The weekly schedule for this internship runs from Wednesday to Sunday.
• Assisting producers in putting together the weekly programs on Saturday and Sunday
• Research long-term and short-term projects for the host
• Pre-interview guests and authors for book interviews
• Set up feature interviews
• Write introductions and questions for interviews
• Pitches news stories and features to editors and host
• Transcribe interviews and audio clips
• Work with the digital department on web copy and transferring audio stories to web text
• Assist with social media and audience engagement
• Tasks also include routine administrative work, such as sorting the mail and maintaining the staff calendar
• A strong interest and background in the news, current world events and pop culture
• Currently enrolled in college or graduate school or a recent college or graduate school graduate
• Audio editing skills
• Reporting or news writing skills
• Social Media savvy
In addition to the regular application items, candidates must upload/attach a cover letter.