Winter / Spring Intern - Corporate Sponsorship and Spot Sales /
NPRNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Corporate Sponsorship and Spot Sales Intern - Winter/Spring 2019 (NPR NY)
Winter/Spring 2019: January 7th- April 19th
National Public Media (NPM) is the media sales division of NPR.
NPM offers the highest-profile public media sponsorship opportunities on NPR. Sponsorship offerings include flagship news programs like Morning Edition and All Things Considered, integrated presence on NPR.org, NPR Podcasts, NPR Apps, and custom packages and event activation NPR Music and Events.
National Public Media is looking for two (2) interns to join our New York City-based Corporate Sponsorship and National Spot Sales teams for the Winter 2019 semester from January 7-April 19, 2019. The sales teams represent NPR's radio and digital platforms. The ideal candidates have some experience working in a media sales environment, whether on the publisher or agency side, and are curious about the media industry, passionate about public media, detail-oriented, and have a proven ability to get things done.
What You’ll Do:
• Work with Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Research teams to learn how to manage the communication and success of a variety of projects and campaigns, both internally and externally
• Assist sales teams with proposal development, inventory clearance, billing procedures, client reports, etc., for both radio and digital platforms
• Assist sales team with database management, e.g., Salesforce and Google Doc data entry and maintenance
• Provide all-around coverage and process streamlining for a busy sales team - including researching opportunities and market trends, meeting preparation and gathering follow-up materials etc.
• Conduct market research to identify prospects; gather marketing research and develop pitch decks for clients
• Other special projects as assigned
Who You Are:
• Strong research skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational, custom brand/client presentation and proofreading skills
• Ability to learn new research database interfaces
• Ability to collaborate with various departments and projects across the company including marketing, sales, finance and digital operations
• The best candidates share these traits with our team:
• Creativity, initiative, curiosity and flexibility – tempered by pragmatism, patience and acute attention to detail
• Interest and passion for current media, marketing and digital trends
• A friendly, can-do attitude and a good sense of humor
• Enthusiasm for public media, its mission and its programs – we love fans!
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered