Morning Edition Intern - Winter / Spring
Full Time Job
Winter/Spring 2019: January 7th- April 19th
This internship will support Morning Edition, the most listened-to news radio program in the country.
Morning Edition takes listeners around the country and the world with two hours of multi-faceted stories and commentaries that inform, challenge, and occasionally amuse.
Our intern assists the show’s producers, editors, and hosts by pitching stories, helping to book guests, and researching the issues behind the stories we cover.
Cover letter and resume required.
• Conducts research for daily stories and long-term projects
• Pitches story ideas at the daily editorial meeting
• Helps book interviews
• Logs recordings of interviews and events
• Assists in getting the program on the air, which includes performing routine administrative tasks
• A keen interest in the news
• Strong research, writing and organizational skills
• Journalism major not required
• Newsroom experience
• Digital media skills, including proficiency in social media
• Knowledge of NPR programming