Winter / Spring Intern - Events
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Winter/Spring 2019: January 7th- April 19th
NPR produces live events across the nation, taking public radio out of the studio and into theaters and intimate spaces with entertaining, thought-provoking experiences. From music, culture and comedy to in-depth conversations about the issues and ideas affecting our lives every day, these gatherings bring audience members closer to the shows and hosts that they love and allow them to experience NPR like never before.
For spring 2019, we are looking for a dynamic, creative and organized intern to join our team and help keep our events running smoothly. Some travel may be required. The NPR events team works closely with Generation Listen, NPR’s initiative focused on connecting NPR’s to younger audiences. Opportunities may arise to work more closely on this initiative.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Assist with venue research and prospecting in top-tier and emerging markets in the U.S.
• Analyze competitive events and media organizations on national and local landscapes
• Prepare event production documents
• Data entry for event feedback and audience development
• Assist with ticketing and web presence for events
• Offer hands-on event assistance including talent relations, hospitality, and guest services
• Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders on ticketing, event marketing, and event production
We are looking for candidates with any combination of the following:
• Hands-on event production experience
• Online marketing experience
• A love of podcasts and NPR programming
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Problem-solvers with a positive attitude
• Nice to have: experience with design in adobe photoshop
We are currently only considering intern candidates who can work full-time from NPR’s Washington, DC headquarters. Some flexible hours may be required depending on event schedules.