Winter / Spring Intern - Accounting
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Winter/Spring 2019: January 7th – April 19th
The internship program will provide the student with relevant skills in core accounting functions: Financial Reporting, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable. Core responsibilities include performing monthly account reconciliations, applying cash receipts, entering invoices for payment and researching customer inquiries.
• Reconciling general ledger accounts
• Roll forward analysis of balance sheet accounts
• Cash receipt application
• Monthly financial statement review and analysis
• Assist with general accounting month-end closing procedures
• Assist with annual audit preparation
• Provide clerical support for Sales Tax reporting
• Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
• Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited University, with a major in Accounting.
• Comfortable handling multiple assignments effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality.
• Experience in Microsoft Excel
• Position will require a minimum of 15 hours and a maximum of 40 hours per week.