Station Support Manager - Revenue, Marketing, and Analytics
Full Time Job
The station support team supports a suite of products and services managed at NPR and designed to help elevate the digital presence of stations nationwide. We value integrity, humor, and a love of learning, and treat our station colleagues with trust, respect, and empathy for their challenging business needs.
As the Station Support Manager, you will provide technical support and guidance to station partners for our product line, with a focus on the revenue, marketing and analytics product portfolio. You represent the voice of the partner within the product development process. This includes product communication, account configuration and setup, training, and support.
You will build and sustain cooperative and consultative relationships between NPR and public broadcasting entities, including radio and television station digital media teams -- Web Managers, Development/Marketing Directors, Online News Staff, and others. Most importantly, you have have a drive to make things better, demonstrate consistent follow-up, and never stop delivering value to NPR Member Stations.
• Thoroughly learn, use and understand our line of software products and services.
• Provide assistance and technical support for NPR’s suite of software products, primarily via Desk.com ticketing system, phone, and social media groups.
• Maintain positive and productive relationships by handling questions and concerns with speed and professionalism; advise partners on best practices to help maximize the value of NPR products and services.
• Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity and resolve issues within accepted service levels. Track issues, identify trends and communicate those with peers and management
• Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) on your assigned products, and the ways in which NPR Member Stations use them.
• Act as our stations’ ambassador, communicating with internal staff from development, product, sysadmins and design; advocate for station needs within stakeholder meetings and product roadmap reviews.
• Assist with the setup and rollout for new products. Track progress, help clients configure services, and answer questions using Salesforce CRM and Desk.com.
• Assist with key product communications and outage alerts sent via the Salesforce Marketing Cloud system. Build and send email alerts, and assist in on-going list maintenance.
• Train station clients on software via phone, webinars, screen-casts, etc. Write guides, FAQs and other training materials.
• Maintain desk.com knowledge-base content related to your product areas. Add and edit how-to articles to ensure a high-quality self-service support experience.
• Work with communications/marketing staff around messaging of product features, usage, and best practices; e.g., blog posts around best practices, tweets.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a technical or communications related field.
5 years of digital product or SaaS experience within a customer support/success environment. 3 years experience in membership marketing/E-commerce role.
The Station Support Manager will bring the following skills and characteristics to the position:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Experience with or knowledge of online journalism a plus.
• Tact, diplomacy, patience and persistence are key character traits, as is the desire to help others.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Self-starter with the ability to manage and balance multiple projects; ability to work effectively under high pressure.
• Excellent project management skills required. Must be highly organized, detail oriented and able to meet deadlines.
• Extensive knowledge of the following preferred: digital marketing or digital fundraising is a must
• Understanding of and appreciation for the Public Broadcasting Industry required.
• Proficiency in using Google Analytics required, knowledge of Google Tag manager a plus
• Intermediate HTML and CSS knowledge required; advanced knowledge preferred.
• Previous technical (internet/software) teaching or training experience strongly preferred.
• Previous experience with any or all of these software solutions a major plus:
• com or Zen Desk
• Salesforce Marketing Cloud or Marketo
• Drupal CMS
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.