Station Support Associate
Full Time Job
The station support team supports a suite of products and services managed at NPR and designed to help amplify the digital presence of stations nationwide. We value integrity, humor, and a love of learning, and we approach our work with trust, respect, and a professional commitment to meet the challenges of our shared business needs. .
As the Station Support Associate, you will assist with the on-going training and support processes for all products and services. This includes account configuration and set-up, training, and technical support.
You will be part of a team that will build and sustain cooperative and consultative relationships between NPR and public broadcasting entities, including radio and television station interactive media teams -- Digital Directors and practitioners, Development/Marketing Directors, Digital News Staff, and others.
Essential duties include:
• Thoroughly learn, use and understand the technical details of the entire line of online software products and services provided by NPR to stations and other public media entities.
• Provide assistance and technical support for NPR’s suite of software products, primarily via Desk.com ticketing system, phone, and social media groups. Resolve help and support issues via timely, courteous communication and responsive follow through. Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and resolve issues within accepted service levels. Communicate with internal staff from development, product, sysadmins and design as needed to solve problems.
• Set Up: Assist with or manage the setup and roll out process of new software products, as needed. Track progress; help stations configure services, answer questions.
• Documentation and Knowledge Base Maintenance: Making ongoing updates to the support center and updating and adding new articles to the knowledge base to ensure a high-quality self-service support experience. Write guides, FAQs and other training materials as appropriate.
• Collect feedback from clients to inform product/service upgrades and new product/service development. Track issues, identify trends and communicate those with peers and management.
• Via personal contact, develop and maintain productive relationships with stations to help maximize the value of NPR products and services.
• Provide support for members of the NPR Member Partnership team as needed to increase stations’ understanding of how our products will meet their needs. For example, through technical sales demos, Q&As. Work on special projects as needed.
• Internal Communication: Provide status updates and communicate with internal stakeholders. Share best practices information internally as appropriate and contribute to the knowledge-base.
• Keep up with trends in the field; maintain industry contacts.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Ability: 2-4 years of online or software experience, preferably within online services, web or software project management, or technical writing.
The Station Support Associate will bring the following skills and characteristics to the position:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Tact, diplomacy, patience and persistence are key character traits, as is a strong customer service orientation
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills are required. Proactive, self-starter with the ability to manage and balance multiple tasks; ability to work effectively under high pressure.
• Excellent project management skills are required.
• Understanding of and appreciation for the public mediaroadcasting industry is required.
• Experience in working with content management systems.
• Experience with data analytics is preferred.
• Intermediate HTML and CSS knowledge required; advanced knowledge preferred.
• Previous experience with any or all of these software solutions is preferred:
• com or Zen Desk
• Salesforce Marketing Cloud or Marketo
• Drupal CMS
• E-Commerce or Online Fundraising Forms
• Previous technical (internet/software) teaching or training experience is preferred.
• Familiarity with and interest in digital journalism is preferred.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.