Station Support Associate- Analytics & Membership
Full Time Job
The station support team supports a suite of products and services managed at NPR and designed to help elevate the digital presence of stations nationwide. We value integrity, humor, and a love of learning, and treat our station colleagues with trust, respect, and empathy for their challenging business needs.
As the Station Support Associate, you will assist with the on-going training and support processes for all products and services. This includes account configuration and set-up, training, and technical support.
You will be part of a team that will build and sustain cooperative and consultative relationships between NPR and public broadcasting entities, including radio and television station interactive media teams -- Web Managers, Development/Marketing Directors, Online News Staff, and others.
Essential duties include:
• Thoroughly learn, use and understand the technical details of our entire line of online software products and services.
• Provide assistance and technical support for NPR’s suite of software products, primarily via com ticketing system, phone, and social media groups. Resolve help and support issues via professional communication and responsive follow through. Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and resolve issues within accepted service levels. Communicate with internal staff from development, product, sys admins and design as needed to solve problems.
• Assist with or manage the setup and roll out process of new software products, as needed. Track progress; help stations configure services, answer questions.
• Documentation and Knowledge Base Maintenance: Making ongoing updates to the support center and updating and adding new articles to the knowledge base to ensure a high-quality self-service support experience. Write guides, FAQs and other training materials as appropriate.
• Collect feedback from clients to inform product/service upgrades and new product/service development. Track issues, identify trends and communicate those with peers and management.
• Via personal contact, develop and maintain productive relationships with stations to help maximize the value of NPR products and services.
• Provide support for members of the Station Relations team as needed to increase the station’s understanding of how our products will meet their needs. For example, through technical sales demos, Q&As. Work on special projects as needed.
• Internal Communication: Provide status updates and communicate with internal stakeholders. Share best practices information internally as appropriate and contribute to the knowledge-base.
• Keep up with trends in the field; maintain industry contacts.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Ability: 2-4 years of online or software experience, preferably within online services, web or software project management, or technical writing. Experience with data analytics and best practices for using data-based narratives to drive strategic decision-making is a strong plus.
The Station Support Associate will bring the following skills and characteristics to the position:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Tact, diplomacy, patience and persistence are key character traits, as is the desire to help others.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills required. Proactive, self starter with the ability to manage and balance multiple tasks; ability to work effectively under high pressure.
• Excellent project management skills required.
• Understanding of and appreciation for the Public Broadcasting Industry required.
• Experience in working with Content Management Systems.
• Intermediate HTML and CSS knowledge required; advanced knowledge preferred.
• Previous experience with any or all of these software solutions a major plus:
• com or Zen Desk
• Salesforce Marketing Cloud or Marketo
• Google Analytics
• Drupal CMS
• E-Commerce or Online Fundraising Forms
• Previous technical (internet/software) teaching or training experience preferred.
• Experience with data analytics and using it for informed process changes a plus.
Familiarity with and interest in online journalism a plus.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.