Full Time Job
Staff Accountant - Revenue, Billing & Receivables
The finance division encourages transparency, honesty with, and reliance on each other to accomplish goals and tasks. All positions within the division are expected to perform daily, monthly, ad hoc and annual tasks, as needed. Division member performance is measured by internal and external third parties based on the timely and accurate delivery of service, so the division cannot tolerate an individual contributing less than their full commitment each and every day. The Chief Financial Officer/Treasurer (CFO/T), Controller, Assistant Controller and Revenue, Billing & Receivables Supervisor emphasize that staff be viewed by our clients as a trusted advisor.
The Staff Accountant will report to and support the Revenue, Billing & Receivables Supervisor in the operational activities of the department including customer relations, revenue recognition, accounts receivable, billing and collections.
• Perform all required daily and monthly procedures related to, but not limited to, customer accounts, incoming payments, billing and collections. Perform additional research and analysis as necessary. Review all reports for accuracy to ensure proper application, prior to submitting for final review
• Serve as point-of-contact for all customers. Maintain positive customer relationships by providing prompt and appropriate responses to inquires/issues/concerns. Follow through on commitments, provide customers with confirmation of actions taken, and fill in as needed to meet customer demands
• Support the monthly and annual close by ensuring that all necessary and related processes are timely and accurately completed
• Review and evaluate receivable and revenue account activity in the sub-ledger and general ledger to ensure the accuracy of the data by completing monthly schedules and reconciliations
• Perform special projects and analysis as needed
• Build productive relationships throughout the Finance division and organization
• Responsible for training and assisting with supervision of the seasonal intern
• Participate in the annual audit by providing detailed support and related schedules
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a four-year accredited institution is a differentiating factor
• Minimum four years of accounts receivable and billing experience in an automated accounting environment
• Demonstrated proficiency in use of general ledger/sub-ledgers and other computer system applications (experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is a differentiating factor)
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel Skills
• Ability to effectively work with a diverse team of individuals
• Detailed oriented, efficient, multi-tasker while still maintaining accuracy in a deadline-driven environment
• Dependable and reliable
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize
• Maintain confidential information in an appropriate manner
• Maintain professionalism and a flexible attitude in a changing environment
• Demonstrate excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to professionally receive and follow both oral and written instructions
• Comfortable working independently and following tasks through to completion and meeting commitments, actively seeking mentorship as necessary
• Demonstrated capability to multi-task while ensuring important routine functions occur
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.