Senior Software Developer
Full Time Job
The Senior Software Developer is self-organized, assiduous and very passionate about tools and technologies used in software technologies. She or he partners with the development team, follows software development procedures and reports directly to the Sr. Manager of Software Development. The senior developer displays leadership qualities and enthusiastic about building software solutions to serve public radio.
Essential duties include:
• Responsible for design, development and maintenance of ContentDepot.
• Display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic about building software solutions.
• Experience with designing and building tiered software systems using a major relational database.
• Work closely with the Product Owner and peers from the development team.
• Follow software development procedures and report directly to the Sr. Manager of Software Development.
• Respond promptly and professionally to bug reported by QA.
• Write, edit, and debug software in Java.
• Ability to conduct system analysis independently to keep our systems current with changing technologies.
• Analyze system specifications and break down requirements to well defined development tasks.
• Test new code thoroughly to ensure logic is correct, and that program results are accurate
• Assists junior programmers with programming assignments when needed.
• Document code consistently throughout the development process.
• Provide assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
• Very comfortable using standard software development tools such as IDE’s, Open Source Java/C development frameworks, profilers, SQL explorer, and issue/bug tracking tools.
• Ability to work in both Unix and Windows environments.
Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience. A Master’s degree is preferred.
• Five plus years of software development experience.
• Three plus years of development experience in C and Java
• Two plus years of experience working in Linux/Unix platform
• Excellent oral and written English and the ability to communicate effectively.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines
• Experience with Agile / Scrum software development practices.
• Experience with Spring application framework.
• Experience with Vaadin UI framework.
Please apply online through our career site at http://www.npr.org/about/careers/. You can also follow us on Twitter at @NPRjobs.Top of Form
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.