Senior Digital Analyst
Full Time Job
Senior Digital Analyst (Implementation)
Do you have a passion for digital consumer analytics and a thirst to apply your knowledge to media? Do you want to be challenged by your job and be surrounded by passionate, dedicated, and creative people in a mission-driven environment? Then this role is for you.
As a Senior Digital Analyst, you will provide technical support and implementation guidance to stations for our analytics product line. You represent the voice of the partners within the product development process for our analytics tools. This includes product communication, account configuration and setup, dashboard creation, training, and advanced support.
You will build and sustain cooperative and consultative relationships between NPR and public broadcasting entities. Most importantly, you have a drive to make things better, demonstrate consistent follow-up, and never stop delivering value to NPR Member Stations. You’ll be part of NPR’s Audience Insights team of analysts and researchers, working closely with digital leads, journalists, and executives at NPR stations.
• Thoroughly learn, use, and understand NPR’s line of analytics software products and services, including the Station Analytics System.
• Serve as the station analytics Subject Matter Expert, providing advanced support for station-facing technical issues, implementation support requests, and custom reporting requests.
• Work directly with product managers and developers to diagnose and resolve product issues and outages.
• Work directly with product managers to develop SQL queries and design dashboards for the Station Analytics System.
• Oversee compliance with data collection processes and standards for station digital platforms to ensure data consistency (e.g. custom dimensions in Google Analytics).
• Maintain positive and productive relationships by handling questions and concerns with speed and professionalism; advise partners on best practices to help maximize the value of NPR products and services.
• Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity and resolve issues within accepted service levels. Track issues, identify trends and communicate those with peers and management
• Act as our stations’ ambassador, communicating with internal staff from development, product, sysadmins and design; advocate for station needs within stakeholder meetings and product roadmap reviews.
• Assist with the setup and rollout for new analytics products. Track progress, help clients configure services, and answer questions using Salesforce CRM and Desk.com.
• Conduct remote training for stations around data collection, analysis skills, and best practices (e.g., Google Analytics campaign tracking, advanced Google Analytics reporting, etc.).
• Write guides, FAQs and other training materials.
• Build strong working relationships at all levels with stations and internal clients and build problem-solving partnerships with stations and colleagues.
• 4 years of experience in website analytics
• Proven expertise and deep experience with Google Analytics (or similar) and Google Tag Manager (or similar)
• Proven expertise in SQL (BigQuery SQL a plus)
• Experience fetching analytics APIs and analyzing data using tools such as R, Python, or similar
• Good understanding of basic web technology and HTML
• Experience designing dashboards with tools like Mode, Periscope, Data Studio, Tableau, or similar
• Experience providing tech support to a diverse set of customers
• Experience working with digital product teams in an Agile environment, in particular creating and executing measurement plans for digital products
• Experience in the news media and/or with audio measurement a plus
• Strong technical analytics skills with a keen sense for troubleshooting issues and identifying data gaps and inconsistencies.
• Excellent oral, written and visual communication skills, particularly at explaining complex quantitative information to non-technical audiences.
• Strong collaboration skills.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as in collaborative team environment.
• Self-starter with the ability to work in a constantly changing environment.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers and on Twitter at @NPRJobs.