Senior Devops Engineer
Full Time Job
The DevOps Software Engineer works on a cross-discipline team to build products, services, or tools to support the NPR Digital Network.
They should have strong working knowledge of Linux or Unix server administration and a strong working knowledge of common open source automation and orchestration tools and technologies (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Github, Zabbix, etc). This person should also have experience with building high-performance, scalable web applications and services using cloud based technologies and services (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, etc).
Why work at NPR matters:
NPR listeners value information, creativity, curiosity, and social responsibility – our employees do too. We are innovators and leaders in diverse fields, from journalism and digital media to product design and software engineering.
A day in the life of a Senior Dev Ops Engineer:
• Participate in daily stand-ups and other scrum activities (e.g. grooming, planning, demos and retrospectives) as required.
• Contribute high-quality, documented devops related code in accordance with department standards, best practices and processes based on self- and team-assigned stories.
• Create infrastructure technical designs and incorporate feedback from others.
• Proactively react to and resolve issues identified by monitoring platforms.
• Proactively react to, resolve and assign service desk related tickets as they arise.
• Provide consistent and substantive feedback of software designs and code written by peers.
• Participate in and help support code deployments to production systems.
• Join the DevOps “on-call” rotation after approximately 3 months.
• Interview prospective employment candidates.
• Identify and respond appropriately to production problems.
• Work closely with others on the team to guide projects to completion.
• Assist in the training and onboarding of staff new to the team and/or project.
• May be required to travel to remote datacenter as needed.
Required Tech Skills:
• Strong working knowledge of Linux or Unix server administration
• Strong working knowledge of common open source automation and orchestration tools and technologies (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Github, Zabbix, etc).
• Experience with building high-performance, scalable web applications and services using cloud based technologies and services (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, etc).
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.