Risk Manager, Corporate Insurance
Full Time Job
The Risk Management Manager is responsible for assessing, designing, developing, managing and implementing insurance and loss prevention programs to assure the protection of NPR’s and related other entity’s employees and assets. The Risk Management Manager analyzes exposures to determine and minimize exposure and loss through the procurement and management of insurance programs. Provides guidance and direction to stakeholders on risk management and insurance issues. Reports to Finance.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manage the agreements with and work closely with NPR’s insurance broker and carriers.
• Manage brokered insurance policies covering property, professional, liability and other lines of coverage.
• Handle insurance matters, including policy reviews, renewals, obtaining coverage, certificates of insurance, notifications, carrier walk-throughs, policies and procedures, claims, lease and contracts language review and special events and travel.
• Provide on-going research and support for new NPR products and services and assess impact on insurance programs and need for modification or new coverage.
• Stay abreast of industry trends, practices and benchmarks and any implication to NPR’s insurance programs.
• Handle insurance premium invoices and payments and any rebates and allocate premium expenses to other entities as appropriate.
• Maintain orderly files of coverage summaries, insurance policies, and other types of documentation.
• Manage claim process, i.e., files, deductibles, payments, audits and compliance.
• Monitor foreign travel for premium information, carrier notification, coverage restrictions, third-party assistance and safety concerns.
• Work closely with Legal to interpret policies and manage carrier notifications and claims.
• Review insurance provisions of leases, contracts, new construction plans, facility alteration plans, acquisitions, mergers, vendor/contractor insurance requirements and indemnification agreements to evaluate insurance acceptability and potential for risk.
• Research, recommend retentions and manage any self-insured programs.
• Conduct assessment of training needs and assist with fulfilling training requirements.
• Perform other miscellaneous duties as needed.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Risk Management, Insurance, or related field.
• Minimum of eight years of experience in Risk Management and Insurance.
• Certified Risk Manager (CRM) certification preferred.
• Experience balancing and effectively prioritizing numerous projects covering a variety of subject matters.
Other Skills and Requirements:
• Ability to build strong partnerships with business, corporate and outside teams.
• Ability to lead groups and build consensus with all levels of personnel within and outside the organization, and be a skilled facilitator of group action.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences in clear, understandable language.
• Possess strong working knowledge of the business’s operations and legal issues.
• Have analytical skills and the ability to demonstrate critical thinking.
• Maintain confidentiality of financial and/or other information acquired in the course of work; disclose only when authorized, unless legally obligated to do so.
• Be creative and innovative in closing insurance gaps and issues.
Please apply online through our career site.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.