Product Manager, Voice Platforms
Full Time Job
NPR is growing its team devoted to creating new experiences on voice assistant platforms like Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, creative product manager to help define, execute on, and champion NPR’s considerable ambitions in this space. As Product Manager, Voice, you will collaborate with product designers and developers to create new experiences on voice platforms, opening onramps to public radio to help inform, educate and entertain listeners while measuring the impact and return on investment of your work. You have the opportunity to help define an industry in its infancy for a nearly 50-year-old radio network that is the leader in the world in on-demand audio.
• Reports directly to the Vice President, New Platform Partnerships and collaborates with all digital leadership to establish priorities and develop a strategy for voice platforms
• Help refine and lead the execution of initiatives combining conversational technology and Artificial Intelligence.
• Anticipate user needs and synthesize into a roadmap to meet the voice-first audience.
• Work with internal experts to build new products, and iterate on existing ones, to delight users.
• Collaborate efficiently with a cross-functional scrum team.
• Communicate effectively within and across divisions, creating buy-in for the product vision.
• Audit and report on analytics that provide the feedback loop for improving products, using data to inform roadmaps and strategic direction.
• Proactively engage stakeholders throughout the product lifecycle to provide information and solicit feedback.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 3 years in product development.
• 3 years in scrum or other Agile methodology.
• Experience in working on voice platforms.
• Demonstrated ability to write clear product requirements that represent user and stakeholder needs.
• Passion for, and proven record of shipping outstanding digital products or services that are easy to use.
• Effective verbal and written communicator; proven ability to influence and embrace change.
• Demonstrated ability to work well independently and in a group, always showing respect for teammates.
• An MBA or BS/BA degree in Computer Science.
• Experience in cloud computing tech stacks and working with development tools.
• Experience in on-demand audio, podcasting or gaming industries
Please apply online through our career site.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.