Product Manager, Sponsorships
Full Time Job
National Public Media is a subsidiary of NPR, owned in partnership with PBS and WGBH, the largest producer in public television. As the corporate sponsorship sales team for all NPR network programs and platforms as well as NPR and PBS stations, National Public Media works with companies across a variety of categories and objectives to generate support for the public broadcasting system, while delivering breakthrough results for sponsors.
NPM Creative is the product development team for NPR digital sponsorship and the in-house creative agency for custom sponsorship. As part of the NPM Creative team, you will be responsible for managing the product development of sponsorship integrations across NPR’s digital portfolio - web, mobile, podcasts, voice assistants and other emerging platforms. The focus for this role is to ensure that NPR provides the best possible products to our sponsors and creates the best sponsorship experience for the NPR audience.
This role is unique in that you will drive product development for NPR’s sponsorship products and serve as a SME for NPR’s digital product development. You will be expected to lead the research, discovery, prioritization and roadmap process in collaboration with the Senior Director and the NPM Creative team.
• Report directly to the Senior Director, NPR Sponsorship Products and NPM Creative and collaborate with NPR’s product managers and NPM management to establish priorities and develop a strategy for digital sponsorship integrations.
• Drive the development of the product roadmap in collaboration with NPM Creative team.
• Serve as the sponsorship SME on NPR digital product teams
• Iterate with design and insights teams on usability studies, research and market analysis to integrate new and innovate product requirements into roadmap that increase revenue.
• Facilitate inter-divisional and NPM collaboration on sponsorship products.
• Serve also as a project manager for the product development responsibilities of the team.
• Contribute to a culture of collaboration and inclusion across all disciplines.
What We Are Looking For
• Excellent customer experience intuition - demonstrated success in creating innovative, user-friendly products.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills – comfortable with data-driven decision making and goals that are ambitious, measurable and achievable.
• Implementation proficiency – ability to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirements.
• Outstanding organization skills – ability to manage the team’s time and ensure that all details are addressed.
• Excellent communication skills - demonstrated success for building happy, collaborative teams and earning buy-in for innovative and bold product vision.
• Technical aptitude - ability to understand and discuss architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• 3-5 years experience in product management
• Experience with both qualitative and quantitative user testing
• Experience working on agile enabled teams
• Demonstrable experience working on web and mobile platforms
• Experience in the ad tech space
• Experience working in the online media space
• Familiar with NPR and public media
To be considered please submit a resume and cover letter.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.