Full Time Job
Summary of Role / Responsibilities
NPR seeks a paralegal with 5 plus years of legal and/or compliance experience to support internal clients focusing on contracts and compliance matters. The successful candidate may also assist in other projects and research as needed by the department. We are looking for a paralegal with superb oral and written communications skills, a commitment to client service, and someone who can “own” the tasks assigned from start to finish. An ability to manage multiple projects, set and adjust priorities, work under pressure, and maintain composure and a sense of humor while doing so are musts.
Depending on the experience of the successful candidate, responsibilities may include:
• Assist with reviewing, drafting, revising, and finalizing contracts submitted for legal review;
• Prepare and file annual reports and registrations for NPR and affiliates in required jurisdictions;
• Provide assistance to Director of Compliance and Ethics (“Director”) in managing internal investigation workflow and scheduling, organizing documentation, and preparing reports for the Board of Directors and management;
• Effectively manage the calendar of the Director and act as first point of contact for general questions regarding the duties, work, and scheduling for the Director;
• Coordinate internal investigation scheduling, interviews, and document review, and provide assistance in meetings/interviews as needed;
• Assist the Data Protection Officer and other internal staff with compliance documents, tracking, and other tasks.
• At least 5 years of relevant legal and/or compliance experience
• Experience with scheduling meetings among multiple parties is required
• Experience organizing on-going files and documents is required
• Experience with contracts is preferred
• Experience using a database for document management is preferred
• Demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple case files is a must.
Please include a resume and a cover letter. We will begin reviewing resumes on March 1 and will continue to accept applications until the position is filled. NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.