Full Time Job
Essential duties include:
• Ensures the overall integrity and operation of the ContentDepot distribution system – Windows desktops to Win/Linux servers
• Performs tiers 2 and 3 helpdesk for PRSS incorporated stations and producers about the ContentDepot and their interactions with the site.
• Designs operational monitoring and management policies and procedures (in conjunction with representatives of Operations and Engineering).
• Reviews existing operational issues and works to identify the source of the issue and resolve it.
• Designs, develops, and implements tools to enhance the ongoing systems monitoring and management capability (e.g. archiving, technology dashboards).
• Identifies operations-related technical and operational requirements for ContentDepot product extensions and enhancements.
• Ensures operational design compliance with technical architecture standards for all product fixes / extensions. Approves designs, as appropriate.
• Provides subject matter expertise related to operational requirements to development teams during design, build, and test of new products.
• Five years hands-on experience supporting advanced, network-focused computer operations and complex delivery / satellite interactions required, including 24X7 real-time transaction processing systems.
• Two years’ experience in direct (first-level) user support of advanced network applications and topologies.
• Experienced in the design and operation of high-availability, redundant network topologies, including digital audio and IP codecs.
• Familiarity with the following computer Operating Systems and development languages desirable: Windows for desktops, Windows Server editions, UNIX (AIX/LINUX), PHP, Python.
• Demonstrated knowledge of monitoring and managing operations monitoring systems (e.g., SolarWinds Orion, Skyline Dataminer, Splunk, IDS/IPS systems, etc.).
• Demonstrated knowledge of IP networking (Cisco), including digital audio and codecs. Experience documenting such systems with Visio or similar products.
• General knowledge of project planning for technology-heavy change initiatives, as well as system development / software application development cycles.
• Experience with Internet applications and development and maintenance of corporate intranets and/or custom applications. Experience implementing systems utilizing SQL, MySQL, and Postgres
• Broad knowledge of media issues and technology trends. Radio or public broadcasting experience required.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.