Mobile QA Engineer
Full Time Job
Mobile QA Engineer (Temporary)
Your job is to help Digital Media deliver the best digital experience for millions of NPR consumers. In this role, you will work on Scrum project teams in every aspect of quality assurance, from hands-on testing of user stories to the creation of automated integration and functional tests for NPR’s mobile applications and APIs. This role requires interaction with all disciplines in our team: product and interaction designers, developers, product owners, and Scrum Masters.
Essential Duties Include:
• Perform hands-on testing of user stories as a part of the Scrum iteration
• Prepare for and lead test sessions as part of feature releases
• Isolate, reproduce, and track bugs and verify fixes
• Create and maintain a set of regression test cases
• Create tools and scripts to aid in the efficiency of test setup, preparation, and execution
• Communicate and collaborate closely with developers, designers, and product owners to develop the fullest possible understanding of the software and address issues that arise
• (Potentially) Strategically automate regression and integration tests
• Bachelors degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
• Experience as a QA Engineer, Software Developer, or otherwise equivalent position
• Familiarity with testing frameworks such as Selenium or Appium
• Proven track record of project execution in an Agile environment with rapid release cycles
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Familiar with bug reporting tools, such as JIRA
• Intermediate knowledge of SQL queries
• Knowledge of the Linux command line
• Knowledge of basic object oriented programming principles is a plus
• Hands-on experience with mobile application and / or API testing is a plus
• An interest in the mission of NPR and / or public media is a plus
• We’re an Agile / Lean shop, provide formal Scrum training, and use tools geared toward rapid development. We constantly try to improve how we do what we do and add useful tools to our toolbox.
• We are located in a DC’s NoMa district in a brand new, LEED Gold Certified building. We are 8 minutes away from Metrorail and within 15 minutes of a great range of restaurants, retail, and culture (Union Station, H Street Corridor, and Union Market).
We are diverse, lifelong learners. We read omnivorously from NPR’s giveaway book shelf (getting hints from the NPR Books Tumblr), regularly attend Tiny Desk Concerts, and edit bad grammar on milk cartons.