Full Time Job
NPR is seeking an experienced Sr. Systems Engineer for its IT Infrastructure team who will contribute to the overall engineering, design, build, and operations support of all existing and Windows server Infrastructure. At least 8-10 years of experience designing, supporting, maintaining, troubleshooting, and administering enterprise environment.
Responsibilities & Requirements
• The Systems Engineer’s primary responsibility is the support of existing infrastructure, project support as directed, other technical support functions, servers build, and patch management.
• Critical competencies also include experience with Microsoft Active Directory Infrastructure, Orchestrator, SCCM, SCOM, ADFS, PowerShell, Office365, and SharePoint.
• Experience managing a Windows environment, including but not limited to, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019.
• The engineer will manage responsibilities for enterprise projects, provide Tier 3 support for escalations from the Service Desk, and collaborate with other teams (i.e. Telecomm, Networking, Service Desk) to ensure efficient processes; professionalism and customer service skills to work with all levels of staff is needed.
• 1-2 years of Microsoft Exchange experience is required for shared responsibility managing the NPR Exchange environment; additionally, assist in the administration and support of Microsoft Exchange 2016 and support the health and performance of the messaging infrastructure, including setup, monitoring, maintenance, disaster recovery, and troubleshooting critical Exchange issues and processes across the organization to ensure business continuity.
• Requires knowledge of various systems such as load balancers, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP Networking, Commvault, Citrix, and VMware.
• Duties also include testing and evaluating products and solutions which may enhance efficiency and productivity, as well as participation in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation for systems engineering support.
• Recommend and implement changes to the overall system and network environments through following an institutionalized change management process.
• Document processes, procedures, instructions, and training materials for users and IT colleagues.
• Administer company security procedures and monitor compliance.
• Establish and manage relationships with consultants and vendors of information technology.
• Keep management up to date about any issues and escalating in a timely manner
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to operate in high pressure environment and successfully handle multiple priorities.
• Knowledge of Linux
• Project Management skills
• S. Degree
• Industry certifications such as MCSE, CCP, etc.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at our website and on Twitter.