Marketing Associate, National Public Media
Full Time Job
National Public Media is a subsidiary of NPR, owned in partnership with PBS and WGBH, the largest producer in public television. As the corporate sponsorship sales team for all NPR network programs and platforms as well as NPR and PBS stations, National Public Media works with companies across a variety of categories and objectives to generate support for the public broadcasting system, while delivering breakthrough results for sponsors.
The Marketing team provides strategy and support to National Public Media’s sponsorship teams in a dynamic and demanding media environment while executing B2B marketing strategies to build awareness, understanding and consideration of NPR sponsorship in market. Led by the Senior Director of Marketing, Marketing collaborates with teams across the country to achieve ambitious revenue goals. We are a fast-paced team with vision, creative drive and collaborative spirits.
NPM is looking for a Marketing Associate to support a full suite of integrated marketing activity, including but not limited to: a daily flow of sales presentations and proposals, material management of the NPM website, email marketing, event graphics and overall brand management. The Marketing Associate is part of a collaborative team, working with NPM employees across the country to meet daily deadlines, while supporting the Marketing team’s ongoing goals and long-term projects.
This position will report to the Manager, Operations & Design.
Essential Duties Include:
• Develop presentations and sales tools in response to client requests for proposals (RFPs) and sales team requests.
• Collect and analyze audience research via databases like comScore, MRI, and Ipsos for listeners across a variety of NPR programs and platforms to illustrate the qualities of the public media audience to Fortune 500 companies and other potential sponsors.
• Assist in content updates and technical improvements to the National Public Media website, designed to serve as a robust resource for the sales team and tool for raising the overall visibility of sponsorship opportunities within the industry.
• Actively participate in the conception and development of requests for large-scale sponsorship opportunities across NPR platforms.
• Work within brand guidelines to design graphics for the NPM website, email marketing, and sponsored event activations,.
• Collect and report usage metrics from the NPM website and sales materials to assist in informing improvements to team operations.
• Work with senior department leadership to maintain a solid understanding of upcoming sponsorship opportunities and support the overall strategies, initiatives and campaigns.
The ideal candidate displays a combination of analytical and creative-thinking skills, an aptitude for learning, and a demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment. Specific qualifications outlined below:
• 1-2 years of experience in marketing / design department
• Positive attitude and willingness to jump in when and where needed.
• Experience with email marketing, both developing engaging content and tracking analytics to improve performance and engagement.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Detail-oriented. Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to work in fast-paced, high-stress environments, as well as ability to escalate issues appropriately.
• Enthusiasm for public media, its mission and its programs.
• Curiosity. A desire to engage in brainstorms, beta-test ideas, and learn new things.
• A solution-oriented mindset.
• Graphic design skills and experience with Adobe Creative Suite are a plus.
• Experience working with Salesforce/Pardot , HTML, SEO, Google Analytics, and research databases like GfK MRI and comScore is a plus.
• Experience with creative agencies, media, or sales organizations.
• Exhibit both creativity and strong analytical skills.
• Experience with WordPress or other online website platforms.
• Experience with Trello project management tool
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at our website and on Twitter.