HR Business Partner
NPRNew York, NY
Full Time Job
NPR’s Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) play a vital role in promoting organizational effectiveness by aligning individual capabilities and divisional talent in support of NPR’s strategic plan.
HRBPs will work closely with the HR leadership team and divisional leadership to design, develop and implement Human Resources programs focused on attracting, retaining and motivating employees to their greatest potential.
In this important role, you will provide counsel and guidance on all HR matters and provide transformational leadership; aligning HR strategies with NPR’s business strategy by developing, delivering and promoting best practices, capability building, new tools and processes, change management, and talent management initiatives within assigned divisions.
This position will primarily support our news bureaus located in New York City as well provide additional support to the HR team in DC as required.
Core: Collaborates, Customer/Audience Focused, Instills Trust, Communicates Effectively, Values Differences, Functional Technical Knowledge to HR
• Serve as HR advisor, coach and partner to assigned divisional leadership teams
• Counsel and educate managers on delivering effective feedback that results in increased performance and team engagement
• Champion communication and OD best practices to help Divisional Executives transform their teams
• Develop strong working relationships and partner with HR specialists to provide seamless HR support and guidance to the business including: Employee Relations, Talent Management, HRIS, and Compensation & Benefits
• Closely coordinate with the Recruiting team and managers to create a diverse pipeline of talent
• Maintain a positive work environment through effective employee relations practices.
• Advise and educate managers on employment law and compliance
• Lead and/or contribute to organization-wide Human Resources projects and initiatives
• Ability to travel 25% of time to Washington, D.C Headquarters and/or other locations as necessary
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in human resources or a related field
• Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive Human Resources experience, to include experience as a HR Generalist and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience as an HRBP.
• PHR required.
• High level of knowledge of NY specific regulations required
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a remote team
• Broad business and financial understanding and ability to apply to human capital implications.
• Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple clients, and provide strong consultative skills.
• Adept at communicating effectively across all levels of internal and external stakeholders while inspiring confidence.
• Strong project management skills with an ability to identify and analyze business and organizational needs
• Proven success communicating key HR initiatives via the most appropriate mix of media channels
• Labor relations experience and conversant with Labor laws preferred.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers and on Twitter at @NPRJobs.