Executive Assistant, NPR
Full Time Job
Love NPR and want to support its vision and mission? Are you a Jack and/or Jill-of-all-trades with superb organizational skills, eagerness to help others, and the energy to pull it off?
Executive Assistants at NPR are highly functioning valuable team members responsible for providing executive-level administrative support to various senior level staff members. Work both independently and as a team to efficiently support executive level staff and all with whom they interact. Play a critical role in ensuring the division operates efficiently and provide the highest level of service to its internal and external customers by approaching all tasks with the client in mind and by being respectful, knowledgeable, proactive, efficient, and professional whether in person, via phone or e-mail. Provide detailed scheduling and travel assistance often times on deadline and in pressure situations. Serve as the face of the department with internal and external customers and visitors. Successful candidate will have strong writing and research skills.
• Serves as Executive Assistant for various executive level staff members:
• Provides range of complex administrative support services to multiple senior-level executives in a proactive, detail-oriented and forward-thinking manner in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Assists various executive-level staff in the preparation of materials for executive leadership meetings, NPR Board of Directors meetings, NPR Member Station Visits.
• Rigorously maintains complex and dynamic daily schedules. Maintains vacation and leave schedule for executives’ direct reports and senior managers.
• Makes travel arrangements and manages executives’ broad travel needs; assists in the processing of expense reports and petty cash.
• Orchestrates logistics for internal and external events, meetings, conferences and presentations.
• Answers and screens calls for various executive level staff members. Manages incoming and outgoing mail.
• Maintains files and notebooks for various executive-level staff.
• Serves as the go-to person for all department needs, including catering requests, travel assistance and schedule maintenance.
• Manages special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Computer literacy with highly advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and listening skills.
• Strong attention to detail and proofreading ability.
• The ability to juggle and prioritize simultaneous assignments in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Must approach work with a sense of urgency. Must be flexible and proactive.
• Proven ability to anticipate needs and problem solve with minimal direction. Demonstrated ability and instances of taking initiative.
• Exceptional work ethic.
• Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and diplomacy to build and maintain relationships.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrating social skills, confidentiality, sensitivity, and professionalism.
• Proactive, detail-oriented approach to work that anticipates the needs of the department and takes steps to address those needs.
• Has senior-level interactions of a complex, sensitive and highly confidential nature inside and outside the company. Serves as the internal and external point of contact representing various executives.
• Performs department/division coordination duties that are often highly confidential. Coordinates review of information requiring executives’ signature.
• Provides administrative assistance to other managers and staff as needed.
• Professional appearance and demeanor with a keen understanding of the meaning of customer service.
• Ability to be plugged into the culture of the organization, understanding its larger goals and its needs.
• Knowledge of broadcast and/or public radio system.
• Love of NPR.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers and on Twitter at @NPRJobs.