Executive Assistant, Chief Marketing Officer
Full Time Job
In direct support of the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), the Executive Assistant to the Chief Marketing Officer is a key member of the Marketing, Branding, and Communications (MBC) division. The Executive Assistant performs high-level and complex administrative support duties for the CMO and the MBC division at large. Responsibilities include managing day-to-day operations, coordinating important internal and external communications, and organizing division projects, events, and meetings.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and quick learner with strong communication, writing, and research skills. S/he will be highly organized, detail-oriented, and responsible, with the ability to prioritize projects, exercise good judgment, and communicate effectively with people of various levels within and outside of the organization. The candidate must maintain a high degree of confidentiality and have a high level of discretion. This person must be someone who thrives in a fast paced, results-oriented environment, yet is comfortable with ambiguity.
• Provide high-level administrative and organizational support to the CMO
• Manage and maintain complex calendars and dynamic daily schedules
• Support CMO in prioritizing tasks and managing email communications
• Process and submit check requests, procurement orders, expense reports, and supply orders
• Arrange air travel, hotels, and other transportation and travel needs for domestic and international travel; prepare travel documents for senior staff
• Serve as primary administrative contact for the MBC division across the organization and with external constituents
• Act as a liaison between CMO and direct reports
• Prepare and proof presentations, documents, and correspondence
• Draft MBC correspondence, organizational announcements, and preparatory memos
• Answer incoming calls and greet division visitors
• Compile, edit, and send weekly reports on the status of the team’s activities and their impact
• Perform duties that are often confidential and handle sensitive information
Coordination and Support
• Assist the MBC division in all aspects of its work, including coordinating projects, providing copy edits to organizational documents, training team members on the use of NPR systems and procedures
• Orchestrate logistics for internal and external meetings, events, conferences, and presentations
• Onboard new employees and manage MBC interns
• Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies and space planning
• 2 years of relevant experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to build trust, maintain relationships, and handle confidential information with discretion
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong attention to detail and proofreading ability
• Ability to prioritize simultaneous assignments in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Proven ability to anticipate needs and problem solve with minimal direction
• Demonstrated ability to build trust and maintain relationships
• Proactive, detail-oriented approach to work that anticipates the needs of the department and takes steps to address those needs
• Professional appearance and demeanor with a keen understanding of the meaning of customer service
• Knowledge of broadcast and/or public radio system
• Love of NPR
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at our website and on Twitter.