Events Manager / Operations Manager - Ask Me Another
NPRNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Develop relationships with publicists, managers, and agents to book guests for our live shows in Brooklyn and around the country.
• Support the development of an annual road and live show strategy and maintain our events calendar and member station road show requests.
• Assist in establishing and following timelines for executing venue contracts, station agreements, and other contracts relating to live shows. Administer any special permits associated with road shows.
• Assists in developing and managing all event budgets
• Work with legal and business partnerships ensuring that all contracts (venue, rental, talent) are finalized and entered into SalesForce
• Along with Senior Supervising Producer, help to maintain relationships with live venues and NPR stations.
• Create check requests and payment for contributors, contractors and vendors
• Assist with booking travel arrangements, hotels, and catering.
• Work with local stations for invoicing and collecting sponsorship revenue.
• Ensure venue deposits are paid on time and insurance certificates delivered on time
• Work with Marketing to customize printed material and collateral
• Create and maintain collaborative relationships with other departments, including Finance, Sponsorship, Marketing, and General Counsel.
• Experience booking guests in a live performance setting.
• One to three years’ office administrative experience in a fast-paced, media environment required
• Demonstrated professional and affable manner at all times; excellent interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and develop trusting professional relationships.
• Ability to work with a variety of business partners, including member stations, sponsors, entertainment companies, publicists, and agents.
• Demonstrated planning, management and organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Ability to maintain automated electronic data and information.
• Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
• Proficiency using a PC and Microsoft Office software required.
• Business experience in a fast-paced media environment.
• Live show experiences a plus.
• Audio and video editing experience.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at our website and on Twitter.
What happens when you combine nerdy quizzes with celebrity guests, music and comedy, and add a live audience for good measure? NPR’s Ask Me Another. Heard on 390 stations with an audience of more than 1.5 million people (and counting), Ask Me Another is one of public radio’s fastest-growing shows. We’re looking for the right person to help us keep growing our diverse creative team. If you’ve got smarts, know way too much about pop culture, and have an ear for radio and a nose for funny, we want to meet you. This job is based in New York City.