Director, Prospect Management
Full Time Job
• Lead strategic planning for Development fundraising and campaign planning efforts as it relates to prospect management and research.
• Develops short and long-term strategic plans for prospect development and research that align with fundraising priorities.
• Manages the assignment of newly identified prospects and ensures Foundations, major and planned gift activity is coordinated and prospects are moved successfully through the fundraising cycle
• Create a robust prospect pipeline by ensuring gift officers have the proper tools and data to construct meaningful relationships
• Plan and implement regular database screenings, analyzing data and making recommendations to maximize solicitation strategies
• Manage the daily functions of the research area by providing guidance and mentoring to research staff.
• Prepares an annual strategic business plan for prospect management to align with fundraising goals per fiscal year
• Plans and organizes regular meetings with the Executive Directors and development officers to assign prospects, monitor timely movement through the pipeline, and develop and enhance strategy to convert prospects to donors
• Provides consultation to development officers to assemble a comprehensive prospect base for approved campaigns and initiatives and ensure adequate number of prospects to support fundraising priorities
• Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required/needed
• Provide ongoing design and execution of management reporting to facilitate ‘moves’ tracking, creation and maintenance of policies, procedures, and business rules pertaining to prospect management
• Trains staff in research methodology and most efficient and economical means to utilize resources
• In partnership with Research Managers, meet the proactive and reactive prospect/donor research needs
• Monitor and report on Prospect Managers’ progress with prospects/donors across giving teams allowing management to monitor individual performance
Experience/ Education Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred
• At least three years of experience with prospect development management and research experience
• Comprehensive understanding of major gifts fundraising principles and practices
• Proven experience with a broad range of research techniques
• Ability to successfully manage, motivate, mentor and retain skilled prospect research officers
• A strategic thinker with a natural curiosity to continually improve results and experiment with new methods and ideas
• Excellent communication skills: interpersonal, oral and written
• Proven experience in proactive prospecting methodologies, concepts, and strategies to cultivate and secure prospects
• Be tactful, discreet, diplomatic and able to deal with confidential information sensitively
• Ability to work with front-line fundraising officers in a team-oriented approach
• Independent judgment and the ability to perform tasks on own initiative
• Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
• Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style with commitment to get the job done
• Sound judgment relating to confidential projects, donor and/or prospect matters, including effective communication regarding such matters to the appropriate individuals
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel as well as complex relational databases, including extraction of data, query development, list management, information review, and storage
• Experience in Raiser’s Edge, WealthEngine, ResearchPoint or Salesforce a plus
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.