Director, Marketing and Promotions
Full Time Job
The Director of Marketing & Promotions devises marketing strategies and activities that drive tune-in, visits, downloads and measurable consumer content consumption. The Director oversees the strategy, development, management, and reporting of NPR’s cross-channel promotions.
The Director of Marketing & Promotions devises marketing strategies and activities that drive tune-in, visits, downloads and measurable consumer content consumption. The Director oversees the strategy, development, management, and reporting of NPR’s cross-channel marketing and promotions.
• Design, implement, and manage marketing plans across numerous product lines
• Support multiple internal clients developing creative assets and driving quantifiable results.
• Lead and manage multiple direct reports
• Achieve budget and marketing objectives
• Develop creative appropriate by medium, with clear objectives and measurement criteria
• Manage external marketing agencies
• Develop client proposals and project manage efforts once approved
• Develop and deliver presentations and pitches to business units and senior leaders
• Partner with Member stations to support the continued advancement of co-op advertising initiatives
• Create and execute promotional campaigns across NPR platforms including radio, digital, podcasting smart speakers and email.
• Develop and report on promotional allocations and their effectiveness. Optimize and iterate campaigns based on results and achieving corporate objectives.
• Work with VP to develop third party publisher partnerships to grow, diversify and acquire new audiences.
• Create dashboards for scheduling and performance visibility across stakeholder groups.
• Partner with Programming team to create promotional consistency and positioning with Member station communications and promos.
• Forward thinker and self-motivated. Entrepreneurial mindset with project management discipline and results-oriented approach. Ability to be both strategic and tactical.
• Strong communicator and ability to work across functions and levels. Position will interface with Programming, Member Partnership, Digital Media, Development, Audio Engineering, Information Technology, News, and Audience Insights (Research) and Legal.
• Experience growing audience loyalty and engagement.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
• REQUIRED SKILLS
• 12 years of experience in marketing, promotions, communications
• Experience managing teams
• Proven track record in implementing successful strategies in driving response and audience growth.
• Digital marketing experience required
• Experience managing cross-channel creative development process from start to finish.
• Strong analytical skills and familiarity with online testing and optimization with fluency in Excel, KPIs and reporting.
• Ability to be nimble and flexible and work in entrepreneurial environment.
• Strong project management, organization and communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams and across functions and levels.
• Strategic leader with excellent communication and project management skills
• Proven experience in leveraging audience insights and data to develop strategies and tactics
• NPR familiarity and super fan a plus.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at our website and on Twitter.