Devops Engineer and Administrator
Full Time Job
Devops Engineer and Administrator For Content Production
The DevOps Engineer and Administrator for Content Production is primarily responsible for managing, monitoring, and automating deployment and system operations of a high-availability server infrastructure which facilitates critical content production in a 24/7 newsroom.
On any given day this person is likely to find themselves…
• Monitoring and administrating the Content Production, Disaster Recovery, and Lab Environments
• Following ITIL Procedures including Change Management to deploy and maintain server environments
• Communicating with stakeholders to organize and schedule non-disruptive deployments
• Designing, developing, and managing deployments to all applicable server environments, including those in the cloud
• Spearheading projects to streamline and improve deployment and migration of hosting to the cloud
What we are looking for…
• Creativity, initiative, and an unparalleled attention to detail
• Love for innovation and emerging tools mixed with real-world pragmatism as to their use
• A drive to automate, automate, automate
• Relaxed, friendly attitude even when things are going very wrong
The DevOps Engineer and Administrator for Content Production works closely with the in-house development team to create and maintain a build and deployment pipeline to deploy critical features quickly and easily to content production staff. They also design, deploy, and manage a systems infrastructure within the datacenter or in the cloud to enable high-availability and geo-distributed content production systems for a newsroom that never sleeps.
• 4 years of relevant work experience
• Experience automating deployment processes and an insatiable desire to do so
• Experience troubleshooting production systems and monitoring server performance
• Comfortable working in a mixed OS environment
• Fluency in Linux system administration (preferably in Debian/Ubuntu).
• Fluency in Linux scripting and Windows scripting: shell scripting and PowerShell
• Fluency in administering NGINX and Windows web servers
• Experience with Build Servers and Continuous Integration
• Bamboo, TeamCity, Jenkins
• Comfortable with firewalls and other networking technology
• Takes pride in producing and maintaining well-written documentation
• Solid track record of deploying and automating self-scaling redundant infrastructure.
It would be great if you...
• Aren’t afraid to write some code and are ready to show off your advanced scripting/programming chops.
• Have experience with Configuration Systems such as Chef or Puppet
• Bring strong “cloud-computing” experience
• Have worked with document databases in the past
• Have experience with managing and deploying containers with Docker or similar technologies
• We are a Linux and Mac-friendly group, if that’s your kind of thing.
• We are diverse, lifelong learners.
• We strongly believe in and follow a culture that is open, transparent, inclusive, and collaborative.
• We are a friendly bunch and expect the same from you, too.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at our website and on Twitter.