Corporate Sponsorship Sales Coordinator,
Full Time Job
National Public Media (NPM) is the sponsorship representative of NPR, owned in partnership with PBS and WGBH, the largest producer in public television. As the corporate sponsorship sales team for all NPR network programs, NPR stations, NPR Podcasts, NPR Digital, NPR events and the PodWave Network, NPM works with agencies and brands to generate support for the public broadcasting system, while delivering breakthrough results.
National Public Media is looking for an experienced sales coordinator to join our Chicago, IL NPR sales office. The sales team represents NPR’s radio and digital platforms. The ideal candidate has experience working in a fast-paced media sales or advertising agency environment, and is curious about the media industry, detail-oriented, and has a proven ability to thrive under pressure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act as primary point of coverage and support for busy, traveling 5-person sales team
• Act as primary steward of campaign management throughout full sales cycle on all orders, e.g., proposal development, inventory and creative clearance, billing procedures, client reports, etc., for both radio and digital platforms
• Assist sales team with database management, e.g., SalesForce entry and maintenance, etc.
• Assist Marketing with sales materials, proposals and other projects
• Assist sales team with client prospecting, research for client meetings, etc.
• Provide administrative support including coordinating conference calls and meetings
• Other special projects as assigned
• Minimum 2 years-experience in fast-paced media sales team support or in an advertising agency media department
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive under pressure
• Excellent organizational skills; must be able to act as primary support person on all orders for high-performing 5-member team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong research, presentation and proofreading skills
• Ability to collaborate with various departments across the company including Digital Ad Operations, Marketing, Sales, Finance, etc.
• Ability to learn new research database interfaces, CRM tools, etc.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
Midwest Director, Corporate Sponsorship