Full Time Job
The Compensation Analyst will conduct job and salary analyses and provide high quality survey analysis, reporting, and administration of NPR’s compensation processes and procedures ensuring data integrity. The position will work in a media organization and be responsible for complex compensation guidelines for Media Sales, Union, and Corporate groups. This position reports to the HRIS Senior Manager.
• Conducts job analysis for positions to ensure appropriate compensation levels are established and maintained. Review requests for new or revised classifications. As needed, review FLSA exemption status, document review and recommendations.
• Assists in the development and facilitation of programs related to salaries, incentives and reward compensation .
• Conducts workforce analytics and project support analytics.
• Investigates compensation issues thoroughly and sees the issue through to resolution, applying knowledge of compensation policies and procedures to issues and recommending solutions.
• Applies knowledge of labor trends to inform NPR’s total rewards policies.
• Maintains and insures integrity of a human resource information system (UltiPro).
• Partners with HR Business Partners, the Chief Human Resources Officer and the HR leadership team on a variety of HR projects.
• Develops and implements work structures and processes to ensure proper checks, balances and quality in departmental workflow.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of general compensation that includes the annual compensation cycle, market data collection and analysis, market research and salary budgeting.
• Experience designing compensation programs for a broad variety of roles: exempt, non-exempt, union is desired.
• Ability to create solutions to solve complex problems and influence customers.
• Advanced spreadsheet skills with the ability to solve complex problems and develop reporting tools.
• Proven experience with compensation design principles and administration.
• Experience with incentive pay plan design, performance measurement and FLSA, compliance with local labor and compensation laws and regulations.
• Experience with management and maintenance of HRIS (UltiPro is preferred), and Microsoft office tools is required.
• Experience providing compensation support in a unionized organization is desired.
• Experience providing compensation support for a sales team with bonus-based comp plans is desired.
• Must demonstrate initiative and independent judgment, as well as strong organizational, communication, quantitative and analytical skills; be able to effectively, patiently and efficiently handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while dealing with significant interruptions. Must be able to effectively work with a diverse team of individuals.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers and on Twitter at @NPRJobs.