Assistant Producer, Morning Edition
This was removed by the employer on 1/14/2020 10:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Assistant Producer, Morning Edition jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Assistant Producer, Morning Edition postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant Producer, Morning Edition? The Morning Edition and Up First team is looking for a skilled journalist to join its ranks as Assistant Producer. The Assistant Producer has sharp audio editing skills and lays-up reporter packages, produces the Up First podcast and works with our editorial team to cut interviews. A strong candidate will have experience pitching stories, booking guests and navigating tight deadlines. The Assistant Producer works in collaboration with hosts, managers and editors on daily content as well as longer-term initiatives for NPR’s flagship morning program and podcast, including host trips. This position rotates across a variety of shifts including overnight, swing and dayside. He/she works under the direct supervision of the Morning Edition leadership team.
• Initiates, plans and produces program material for that day’s show/podcast and for future shows/podcasts, under supervision.
• Edits tape and related continuity, with editorial assistance.
• Consistently generates timely and well thought-out story/interview ideas, books guests and helps compile host briefs.
• Writes news and program copy, including drafts of hosts’ leads and other production copy with editorial supervision.
• Produces the Up First podcast with editorial assistance.
• Assists in the field with reporters, editors and hosts as assigned.
• Contributes to digital and social media content.
• Maintains internal relationship with program staff, Digital Media staff, reporters/editors contributing to daily program and morning news podcast, as well as departments providing support services.
• Rotates through a variety of shifts, as assigned (including, but not limited to, overnight, updates, swing and the podcast.)
• Performs other duties as assigned including show directing.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with training in library sciences, journalism, and/or research preferred.
• At least two years of radio, TV or digital production experience including experience on broadcast digital audio workstations (ie MTE/DAVID, Dalet, Cool Edit, Protocols’ or similar)
• Demonstrated excellence in news writing and copy-editing, especially on deadline.
• Understanding of journalistic ethics.
• Experience maintaining high journalistic standards under deadline pressure, including standards of objectivity, balance and fairness.
• Ability and willingness to work varied shifts.
• Demonstrated ability to assimilate and organize large amounts of information.
• Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system.
• Managing Complexity
• Balancing Stakeholder Relationships
• Experience with digital and multimedia production.
• Experience booking and writing briefs on newsmakers
• Demonstrated understanding of, and familiarity with, social media platforms.
• Experience working in and/or knowledge of public radio and the public radio system.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.