Full Time Job
Has anyone ever told you they’d listen to you read the phone book? If so, call us! We’re looking for a great voice talent, with production chops to match, to be one of the voices of NPR’s digital funding credits and corporate materials. You’ll bring your clear, confident, welcoming voice to spots that start “Support for this podcast...” or “Hey NPR…” running on our podcasts and digital stream. Millions of listeners will learn about the funders who help make NPR’s content possible thanks to you.
More than just a great voice, we’re looking for someone who knows how to create audio content and is comfortable managing a complex workflow while prioritizing a variety of deadlines. You’ll make the complicated look easy and bring an innovative spirit to the team.
What we’re looking for:
• A voice that’s clear, confident, interesting, and warm
• Grace under pressure, comfortable working on deadline
• Open, direct communication skills
• Acute attention to detail, ability to juggle competing priorities, and ability to effectively engage with colleagues across departments
• Honest, friendly attitude and good sense of humor
• Experience creating and producing audio or other creative content
• Performs the duties of an announcer for NPR, providing non-editorial voice work for a variety of needs.
• Works with sponsorship and programming teams to voice digital sponsorship credits. Fills in for broadcast sponsorship credit voice as needed.
• Produces credits for broadcasts and podcasts
• Provides voice work for other NPR corporate needs.
• Other duties as assigned. Position is based in Washington, D.C.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong, clear voice with ability to enunciate, strike a warm, confident tone, and comfortable tackling challenging pronunciations.
• Ability to sound authentic and conversational on the radio.
• Experience with audio production tools and in creating content from start to finish.
• Flexibility and able to work varied shifts.
• Proven ability to work well with others, demonstrating respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system at all times.
• Sound judgement
• Speaking fluent Spanish
• Experience working in production or broadcasting with an emphasis on professional voice work.
• Demonstrated familiarity with the sound of Public Radio.
• Experience producing non-sponsorship content
All applications must include a resume, cover letter, and links to relevant voice work to be considered. If you are unable to link to relevant work, please send samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers and on Twitter at @NPRJobs.