Writer / Producer - Nickelodeon
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We’re looking for a dynamic, driven and creatively savvy Writer/Producer with a knowledge, passion, curiosity and love of Kid Culture. The Writer/Producer must possess the ability to create award-winning promotional content for Nickelodeon’s existing and emerging distribution platforms (including on-air, YouTube, and Social). In addition to strong conceptual thinking, the candidate must have excellent script writing, producing, and editing skills as well as extensive knowledge of all aspects of post-production.
• Conceive and develop strong creative ideas that are inclusive of our multi-platform objectives.
• Oversee projects from inspiration to final delivery, including conceptualizing, writing, and managing editorial, graphics production, music composition and sound design.
• Communicate concepts and ideas to Creative Directors, editors, designers, talent, etc, making sure all elements conform to the brand and the mission of the network.
• Work with Production Management to develop and manage budgets; work with Operations to book sessions; fulfill multiple delivery schedules; and work closely with multiple departments (broadcast, sales, marketing, affiliate marketing) to execute all promotional spots (on-air, off-air, marketing, radio, digital, streaming & social)
• Proficiency/ability to edit in Adobe Premiere
Work closely with outside vendors (graphics designers, animators, music composers, etc.) when necessary.
• Run audio and video editing sessions.
• Seek out external production sources as appropriate.
• Mentor PAs and/ or APs who may be assigned to your project and organize and maintain paperwork, rundowns, log sheets, music cue sheets, etc.
• Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent year for year experience.
• A minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a writer producer in creative promotion and marketing.
• Editing experience (Adobe Premiere) preferred
• Critical thinking skills
• Must exhibit highly conceptual thinking and writing skills. Must be a good storyteller.
• Strong Knowledge of promo editorial process from beginning to end.
• Interpersonal, motivational, people management and time management skills a necessity.
• Ability to juggle several projects at one time often under tight deadlines.
• Understanding post-production. Full grasp of industry practices a must.
• Keen sense of graphic design composition, music and sound design.
• Ability to direct shoots if needed, and participate in casting, location, and art direction.
• Understanding Popular Culture and current trends
Strong knowledge of television, movies and music