Vice President, Business Development - Location Based Experiences
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Nickelodeon Location Based Experiences, partners with best in class operators
to develop high quality, innovative and unique live experiences, leveraging
Nickelodeon brands and properties. These partnerships allow Nickelodeon to
create big brand statements at high profile destinations around the world. The
team’s core business segments are:
• Hotels and resorts
• Theme parks and water parks
• Live theatricals
• Exhibitions and 4D films
• Family entertainment centers
The Vice President, Business Development – Location Based Experiences will
play a key role in identifying potential partners and negotiating license deals to
develop Nick branded experiences around the world.
The Vice President, Business Development will be responsible for managing all
on-going business related matters for Nickelodeon branded hotels/ resorts,
theme parks, attractions, cruises, exhibitions and domestic live stage tour
relationships worldwide. Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to the
• Report to the Global Head of Location Based Experiences (LBE) on all matters related to new business development opportunities and associated efforts.
• Lead the effort to identify potential domestic and global partners and negotiate license deals to develop Nick branded experiences around the world.
• Provide leadership and direction to the business development team and keep them informed of any and all internal business/brand updates.
• Partner with the VP, Global Partnership Management to ensure a smooth transition and positive experience for all Nickelodeon LBE business partners.
• Develop strategic business plans for each segment of the LBE business and make sure they are carried out by direct reports to achieve desired business results.
• Work collaboratively with management in the Nickelodeon Creative
• Resources (NCR) and Orlando based Nickelodeon Experience Design (NED) creative teams to explore the viability of new business opportunities.
• Work in close coordination with the management teams of the international channels and clusters to identify new opportunities and partnerships to achieve territory specific goals.
• Guide the internal vetting process to review and consider all new business opportunities.
• Employ external resources as necessary to vet new business opportunities and partners.
• Oversee internal contractual process to ensure all relevant parties (i.e. NCR, NED, brand marketing, legal and others) are involved in the contract negotiation development process.
• Lead negotiations for the renewal or extension of contracts with existing or current LBE partners.
• Engage research as necessary to help inform decision making process as it pertains to new opportunities.
• Oversee the development and use of sales collateral (i.e. Presentations, videos, etc.).
• Any other duties assigned by the Global Head of Location Based Experiences.
• 5 – 10 Years in Entertainment/Attractions business development
• Sales and Licensing background
• Entertainment / Attractions industry experience
• Bachelor’s degree – Graduate degree a plus with emphasis on business or marketing
• Ability to travel globally
• Ability to collaborate and achieve shared goals
• Solid strategic planning skills
• International experience preferred
• Relationship builder
• Strong sales and contract negotiations skills