Unit Manager, Short Form Production - Nickelodeon
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Short Form Production Group (SFP) is a nimble team focused on the production management and close support to Brand Creative groups. Content created includes; Promos, Image Campaigns, Still Photography (key art, gallery, press), Integrated Marketing, Show Opens, Social, Digital, Corporate, Consumer Products and/or any marketing project or initiative requiring logistical support and problem-solving expertise.
The Unit Manager is a physical production expert. The candidate will be self-starter, motivated, quick thinking, flexible and thorough. This is a demanding and fast paced environment requiring proactive and positive thinking and must exercise good judgment, show initiative and be a team player. He or she should be able to juggle multiple responsibilities and projects with a laser focus on organization and attention to detail while being flexible and capable of prioritizing shifting priorities and deadlines. Must possess ability to anticipate production challenges and address, or bring attention to, before a negative impact. Must keep an eye on the bottom line and seek efficiencies, implement cost savings measures. Use internal resources to the maximum benefit of any and all projects including using human and other resources within the Short Form Group and out. Be a continuous champion and promoter of creative 1st.
The UM is a step between Production Coordinator and Production Manager. It allows the candidate to build production experience needed to meet the qualifications for PM.
• Supports and takes direction from supervisor, Line Producer and/or Production Manager depending on circumstance.
• Helps manage, provides input, and supports the production plan of action created by the PM or LP/Producer
• Assists in hiring crew and clearly defines rates and working conditions
• Expanding technical knowledge of electronic film making process
• Communicates and disseminates information to cast and crew: call times, schedule call sheets, location information, etc.
• Updates the PM and/or producer of the production’s financial status throughout production
• Provides constant feedback to the PM and alerts him/her to foreseeable conflicts or logistical challenges.
• Is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of production coordinator(s) and/or production assistant(s) both staff and freelance
• Follows the budget set by the producer and is responsible for maintaining all logs (PO, PC, Payroll, etc.) via Showbiz budgeting
• Ensure that agreements, contracts and releases are executed
• Responsible for PC and relays policy and procedures
• Maintains in-house office, prop, locations, wrap folders, wardrobe storage
• Maintain vigilance of unsafe working conditions and communicate that to stakeholders.
• Limits liability exposure to Viacom
• Process payroll for talent and crew and track progress
• Improve cost containment measures
• Manages project travel logistics for internal staff, cast and crew
• Facilitate vendor setup within SWIM system and Submit/Confirm PO’s and invoices
• Prepare and process paperwork including payroll for crew, talent, and freelancers.
• Prepare T&E reconciliations for p-cards and corporate cards through Concur
• Field inquiries from vendors regarding invoices, payments, and/or vendor setup
• Maintain documentation on team’s shared drive
• Maintain and seek out experienced and high quality freelance staff and crew
• Research, curate, and develop relationships with vendors
• Maintain potential filming locations and studios
• Fulfill other duties and tasks as requested
• Must be able to travel, mainly domestically, some international possible
• 4 Years physical production management experience
• BA/BS Degree preferred
• Ability to work in a high-pressure and fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Professional, self-motivated, results-oriented with a “can do” attitude
• Able to respond after business hours to urgent and timely issues
• Maintain confidential information
• Inquisitive and willing to continue learning
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office, and become proficient with OneDrive, Google Applications, Showbiz Budgeting, ShowMgr, SAP, Concur, etc