Senior Technical Support Representative
Full Time Job
The Senior Technical Support Technician reports to the Manager of Client Services. The Senior Technical Support Technician is responsible for providing direct customer support in maintaining equipment and software used in the computing environment, able to resolve nearly all customer problems, performs physical on-site assistance, and participates in migrations and rollouts. The Senior Technical Support Technician works closely with level 3 Support when required, and supports a specialized animation tool kit used by the Nickelodeon Animation Studio.
• Repairs PCs/Peripherals, Troubleshooting More Complex Problems Where Multiple Technologies May Be Involved If The Root Cause Is Unclear.
• Installs Software, Including Upgrades.
• Selects Specifications For New Equipment Based On User Needs And Configures As Appropriate.
• May Provide Training Or Orientation To Users On Viacom-Specific Applications And Technologies.
• Configures And Installs New Desktop Hardware.
• Supports Equipment/Operating Systems, Installing, Troubleshooting And Supporting As Needed.
• May Be On-Call To Provide Off Hours Support.
• Escalates Incidents / Service Requests As Appropriate.
• Documents Problem And Resolution.
• Follows Up With The Customer To Ensure That Problems Have Been Addressed Successfully.
• May Repair And Provide Preventive Maintenance On A Variety Of Makes And Types Of Equipment And/Or Systems Ensuring Timely And Continued Operation.
• Supports mobile devices and AV equipment, installing, troubleshooting and supporting as needed.
• Provides On-Going Support And Troubleshooting For Installed Technical Solutions.
• Possesses Seasoned Expertise In The Standard Hardware And Software In The IT Infrastructure, And An Area Of Specialized Expertise Where They Can Be A Resource To Other Technical Support Team Members.
• Can Independently Handle Nearly All Routine And Non-Routine Inquiries And Problems.
• Has A Good Understanding Of Most Viacom-Specific Technologies And Systems That Impact The Technology Environment.
• Possesses A Seasoned Understanding Of Operating System Architecture.
• Understands Network Connectivity And Infrastructure.
• Has A Strong And Broad Understanding Of The Company's Products, Services And Basic Business Processes, And The Ability To Prioritize The Criticality Of A User Area Or Application Requiring Support.
• Demonstrate extensive knowledge of various animation related software to include: Adobe Creative Suite, Flix, Shotgun, Unity Pro, Maya and Cinesync.
• Familiarity with AVID systems, and other editorial software and work flows.
• Understands The Technology Organization And Where To Escalate Customer Or Operational Problems.
• Can Assess And Resolve Nearly All Standard And Many Non-Standard More Complex Problems, Including Those Escalated By More Junior Staff Members.
• Troubleshoots User Problems Requiring A Seasoned Understanding Of The IT Technical Environment. Assesses The Entire Environment, Including Issues Of Compatibility And Inter-Operability.
• Provides Direct Support To Executive Management.
• Courteous And Tactful At All Times With Customers And MTS Colleagues. Diffuses Problem Situations Effectively. Is Always Seen By Customers As Professional And Helpful.
• Effectively Probes Customers To Determine The Actual Nature, Or Underlying Cause, Of A User Problem.
• Works To Assess The Customer's Comfort Level With Technology, And May Have To Manage The Customer's Anxiety And Stress.
• Has Strong Orientation Towards Customer Service.
• Engenders Confidence In Customers During The Most Sensitive Escalation Issues And Situations.
• Operates Effectively As Part Of A Larger Team And In Managing Own Work.
• May Manage An Assignment To Resolve An Escalated Problem, Implement Upgrades, Etc., Which May Require Directing Internal Resources And/Or Vendors.
• Receives General Direction, Work In Progress Is Monitored Periodically.
• Incumbent Supports The Development Of Appropriate Work Procedures Or Approaches To Address And/Or Escalate Problems.
• May Provide Work Direction To Junior Staff, Explaining Which Approach To Use.
• Strong desire to help others (customer service), friendly, motivated, positive attitude, excellent problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suites on PC and Mac, including O365.
• Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft’s Operating Systems (Win7 – Win10).
• Exceptional knowledge of Macintosh Operation Systems (10.7-10.13).
• Strong knowledge of PC systems and MAC systems (desktop and laptop), as well as wireless devices and printer hardware.
• Ability to troubleshoot remote technologies (RDP, VPN, Citrix, DUO, etc.).
• Ability to troubleshoot mobile devices (Android, iPhone, iPad, etc).
• Previous experience with tracking tickets in an incident management system, such as ServiceNow.
• Exceptional ability to follow procedures and processes to ensure IT Compliance.
• B.A. / B.S. in a technology science related field (or) possess 3 years of experience in a technical support role.
• Previous experience with Active Directory is desired.
• Knowledge of VOIP technology.
• Knowledge of Cisco telephony.
• Ability to keep pace in a fast moving environment.
• Proven track record of being detail oriented, with outstanding follow-through.
• Ability to communicate technical subject matter to non-technical staff.
• Knowledge of Video Conferencing systems and tools (Cisco, Polycom, Crestron, BlueJeans).