Senior Manager - Product Analytics
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Viacom Digital Analytics team supports the digital presence (web sites, apps, OTT) for Viacom brands such as Nickelodeon, MTV and Comedy Central worldwide. The team is a center of excellence focused on reporting, analyzing and evangelizing data observations and experiments to quantify the health and optimization efforts of Viacom’s Digital platforms. We perform an invaluable function in the decision making of every digital team member. We are responsible for translating data into actionable insights and provide a fact-based space for evaluation of new ideas and creative risks.
Given the important nature of the insights, the team wishes to engage a super excited, fun loving senior manager of product analytics, as quickly as possible, to ensure the digital team has the information it needs to operate effectively.
The Sr. Manager will develop analyses and insights that his/her stakeholders can rely on to understand Viacom’s products performance and the best route to improve our user experience consuming our content. The Sr Manager's efforts help maintain the credibility and influence of the broader digital teams at Viacom and support our digital business as a whole. The position will report directly into the Director of Product Analytics. Specifically, the senior manager is expected to:
• Advocate for the impact of the Analytics team to the broader organization, while helping them understand the best way to partner with our Analytics team.
• Provides data driven insights and delivers recommendations that address opportunities for product improvements.
• Provides analytical support to Product Managers worldwide.
• Creates effective reporting and workspaces & supports the accuracy of the data capture strategy.
• Be an active participant in discussion with the product management organization and have a voice in the direction of the product.
• Identify insights that will impact the broader business by leveraging relationships outside of product, including but not limited to engineering, UXD and Marketing.
• Work closely with the Analytics implementation team to identify and resolve tagging issues affecting analysis and develop solutions to continue providing value to the product teams and other stakeholders.
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Product Management and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans.
• Strong execution and ability to drive work to completion.
• Must be intellectually curious and demonstrate an eagerness to learn about the latest technologies.
• Excellent organizational and teamwork skills.
• Expert level user of digital Analytics solutions such as: Adobe Analytics (omniture) or Google Analytics
• Experience with Tableau and/or Power BI and or programming languages such as R, Python is strongly recommended
• Hands-on experience with Marketing LTV analytics solutions such as: Tune, Apps Flyer, Urban Airships, etc.
• 6 years of relevant work experience in analyzing large data sets and synthesizing insights into actionable product recommendations
• Proficient in using SQL-based exploratory analytics tools; familiarity with Python and R is a plus
• Experience with A/B testing and statistical significance techniques such as t-test, ANOVA, correlation, etc.
• Ability to clearly articulate and present initiatives to creative and technical teams alike
• Entrepreneurial, digitally savvy, creative and experimental in the approach to problem solving, with exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
• A sense of humor is a must, we pride ourselves with our team fit, a sense of humor and comfort in a diverse environment is key to succeed.