Manager, Paid Social Media
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Manager, Paid Social Media is responsible for managing paid social media efforts holistically across the Nickelodeon portfolio. The ideal candidate has a passion for social media, a knack for analytics, and a desire to build innovative advertising solutions.
Our mission at Nickelodeon is to make the world a more playful place, and we should deliver on that mission in everything we do. This role is a fantastic opportunity to work with beloved IP, help develop marketing campaigns for Nickelodeon’s most iconic brands, and research, explore and discuss the most exciting trends in social media every day.
• Build strategic paid social media recommendations (inclusive of flighting, target parameters, investment, unit mix) across all social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc.)
Simultaneously manage always-on and property specific paid social campaigns, often with varying audiences and objectives
• Execute paid social campaigns through self-service tools and optimize in real time
• Have expert knowledge of how to use paid social media to connect with parents, fans of Nickelodeon, and fans of Nick’s competitors
• Handle all reporting metrics for paid social media campaigns
• Provide actionable insights on target audiences to inform and evolve future campaigns
• Utilize data and insights to develop testing plans that optimize performance and institute strategies that inspire fan engagement
• Maintain close relationships with contacts at all social media platforms, staying abreast of all product updates and advertising opportunities
• Partner with property stakeholders across the marketing team to translate marketing briefs into media plans, identify the best assets for the platform and target audience, and analyze results
• Collaborate with external agency partners
• Serve as subject matter expert on all things paid social media and act as a resource for teams across the organization (Consumer Marketing, Franchise Marketing, Retail, etc.)
• Manage budgets on a campaign, quarter, and annual level and track all paid social media spend
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum 4 years working in a digital/social media capacity, with an emphasis on paid social media
• Expert knowledge of the self-service buying tools of all major social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc.)
• Skilled in building paid social campaigns that include multiple demographic and psychographic target groups
• Experience with paid social analytics and campaign optimization best practices
• Previous experience marketing to children and parents
Experience working in entertainment marketing
Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, including both written & verbal skills
• Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Collaborative team player who excels at building relationships Strong desire to work for a global brand and help drive innovation within Nickelodeon
• Extremely detail oriented