Manager, International Franchise Planning - Nickelodeon
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Global Franchise Planning team at Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products is responsible for managing the life cycle and investment needs to drive consumer product sales for Nickelodeon priority properties and franchises, including but not limited to SpongeBob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Nick 90’s and JoJo Siwa. The team develops short and long-range property plans focused on key strategies and tactics that will help generate exposure, increase engagement, drive Consumer Product sales and grow the overall strength of the property across markets and cultures. Franchise Planning works across all departments within the Nickelodeon ecosystem to drive execution of the property plans – including but not limited to - Production, Consumer Products, Press, Programming, Creative, Talent, International, Consumer Marketing, etc.
Our mission at Nickelodeon is to make the world a more playful place. We are searching for a Manager, Global Franchise Planning - Nickelodeon to help us deliver on that mission with plans that inspire our fans to play, engage and discover something new with us and our partners. This role is a fantastic opportunity to work with beloved IP, help develop long-range strategies, and support property initiatives to ensure continued growth of these key franchises.
This position reports into the Senior Director, Global Franchise Planning, but will have opportunity to work closely with the VP, Global Franchise Planning, on select materials, projects and meetings.
• Support the development and execution of global multi-platform marketing plans and strategies to drive brand awareness (under the oversight of the Senior Director)
• Own day-to-day execution and project management of multiple campaign components and timelines as well as take lead on individual campaign components, ensuring alignment and information sharing across all lines of business.
• Manage the creation and maintenance of a suite of internal, trade and consumer-facing materials (e.g., key beats calendars, external property and sales decks, cross-department presentations, one-page summaries, briefs, newsletters) in support of merchandise sales, property planning and/or business development.
• Generate impactful presentations with strong storytelling by leveraging data/insights to build compelling brand/sell stories that will accomplish key business objectives
• Own all aspects of recurring meetings with internal stakeholders and select meetings with external partners – agenda setting, effective meeting management, dissemination of key updates/next steps, etc.
• Project manage execution (with internal partners) of all Franchise contributions to property specific consumer events and beyond: NY & SD Comic-Con, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, etc.
• Work with Coordinator and project management to review and approve partner content and communications to ensure alignment with brand guidelines (providing brand input for non-merchandise such as in-store retail activities, online and print advertising, and commercials)
• Handles other ad-hoc projects as needed to help achieve identified franchise business goals and objectives
• Manage day-to-day billing oversight (submitting POs/Invoices, tracking actuals, etc.) and communication with team coordinator and Finance for the franchise planning budget, ensuring effective and economical allocation of resources.
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA a plus
• 3 years of marketing experience, preferably in the consumer-packaged goods, media, entertainment and/or kid space
• Experience in creating impactful presentations with strong storytelling, writing presentation skills and ability to leverage data/insights to build compelling sell stories
• Detail oriented and collaborative team player with exceptional organizational skills who excels at building relationships
• Able to evaluate creative and provide clear, actionable feedback to agencies and key stakeholders to ensure alignment with brand equity and objectives
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite: PPT, Word, Excel required; InDesign/Photoshop skills a plus
• Experience in kid’s TV and interest in international markets/multicultural exposure is a plus but a passion for the kid’s entertainment space is a requirement
• Speaking a second language is a plus
• Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work, manage deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Flexible worker who is comfortable with changing circumstances, priorities and expectations and can modify their approach when needed to complete tasks
• Intellectually curious with the ability to problem solve and devise creative solutions
• Strong desire to work for a global brand and help drive innovation within Nickelodeon