Manager, Corporate Communications - Nickelodeon
Full Time Job
Nickelodeon’s West Coast Communications department is seeking a dynamic and driven team player to report to the VP, Nick Communications. This role will be responsible for writing press releases, internal and external announcements and crafting executive quotes. The ideal candidate will be a creative, strategic thinker and problem-solver with an affinity for details, and someone with an exceptional work ethic and a positive attitude.
• Create and implement publicity campaigns for assigned projects including: animation and live-action launches and returning series; original television movies; and events.
• Pitch all area of media including TV, animation, teen/tween, music, digital, sports, blogs.
• Develop and write press kit materials including: press releases, bios, synopsis, captions.
• Write internal and external executive announcements.
• Compose key message points for executive and talent interviews.
• Coordinate and manage sets visits and junkets.
• Cover talent at both internal and external press functions such as award shows, premieres and industry events.
• Manage relationships and work closely with all internal lines of business including: marketing, social, talent, production, current animation and live-action series and development, legal.
• Build and maintain relationships with external PR firms, show creators, reporters and talent bookers.
• Support photo shoots for events and the oversee creation of animation art.
• 5 years of experience in television communications, public relations, and/or media relations where the individual developed v ery strong writing and pitching skills (writing samples are required).
• Existing relationships with major press outlets including: monthly teen/tween magazines, weeklies, consumer press, trades, online, blogs and business media.
• Strong knowledge of the PR field including prior experience in media relations, press campaign development and execution of creative, strategic and well-thought communication plans.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly desired OR equivalent experience.
• Understanding of the mechanics and business issues of television including marketing, programming, production, research, ad sales and affiliate relations.
• Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staffs at all levels.