Director, Cpg & New Business Development, Walmart Arkansas
Full Time Job
• Leading and owning the business needs and expectation to execute CPG & New Business category strategies and programs in all
• Walmart channels for Kids and Adult VNCP IP.
• Manage and disruptively grow the VNCP CPG & New Business Categories in all Walmart Platforms: Walmart Stores, Walmart.com and at Sam’s Club.
• Develop strategies to enter incremental CPG categories within focus pillars of: Solutions, Items, Seasonal and Promotional buckets.
• Proactively suggest category and store-wide opportunities to drive sales.
• Partner with and influence cross-category retail development team and retail marketing team to develop and drive execution of programs at retail.
• Align VNCP Adult and Kids brands with Walmart priorities and initiatives to drive both modular and promotional business at retail.
• Support VNCP international efforts.
• Develop strong relationships with merchants and licensee partners to provide regular updates and execute Viacom / Nickelodeon cross-category business/programs.
• Partner with internal licensing team to communicate VNCP initiatives at Walmart and develop CPG solutions.
• Collaborate with Soft lines, Toy, Entertainment retail development counterparts to achieve communication flow and reach team goals/revenue targets.
• Research and brainstorm promotional and innovative product opportunities as well as new partner suggestions within CPG categories.
• Proactively monitor and address changes and opportunities in the retail marketplace. Maintain on-going competitive analysis.
• 4 years’ experience in licensing, consumer products, retail development, marketing or related field.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Global outlook with the ability to excel with a team mentality vs. individual driven attitude.
• Results driven mindset.
• Decisive with strong analytical, organizational, negotiating and relationship building skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations.
• Strategic thinker with ability to put thoughts into action.
• Excellent at planning and managing diverse projects with effective time management skills.
• Holistic, cross category thinker with the ability to work with and influence cross-functional teams, both internally and externally.
• Self-Starter with the ability to take initiative and be resourceful while navigating the organization.
• Self-aware, team player with high energy and a passion for product and retail development.
• Ability to exercise high degree of professionalism with strong business ethics.
• Experience working with Walmart merchants and Walmart Stores, Inc.’s business model and retail structure.
• Experience working with CPG categories preferred but not required.
• Proven track record of developing and executing successful modular and promotional business.