Coordinator, Toys - Nickelodeon Consumer Products
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Consumer Products division brings our brands to life through creative design and retail programs. The Toy and Social Expressions team makes sure that their specific product categories are properly executed and have strong presence across the market. The team is responsible for signing partners to manufacture products based on our content and then help our partners manage to get them to retailers and ultimately into consumer's hands.
As the Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to participate in the product development process from start to finish.
• You will provide internal and external coordination, which supports and advances the annual business plan and strategies developed by the manager within a broad range of toy categories.
• Provide support, information and materials to licensees in order to maximize all licensees’ development of new products.
• Coordinate the internal review and expedition of product development in a smooth efficient manner.
• Analyze and prepare reports on the above categories and new ones through research culled from trade journals, industry trend reviews and/or other available resources.
• Act as a liaison between the consumer products group and the various departments, specifically, the Creative and Marketing teams.
• Handle all product development by key partners designated by manager
• Coordinate the internal review and expedition of all product development in a smooth, efficient manner.
• Manage flow of creative materials to licensees
• Ensure that licensees receive all necessary creative materials: Access to Nick Central, property style-guides, new art, episodes, show bibles, scripts, sizzles etc.
• Maintain and promote communication between departments
• Maintain and update several databases with inter-department access, run key functions within contract and product approval systems, and handle day-to-day business needs from cross-functional partners.
Core Job Function
• Execute category and property strategies as defined by leadership.
• Handle day to day relationship with licensees.
• Provide management support in the contract and amendment process.
• Provide support to team by assisting with meeting scheduling, meeting recaps, sample organization, and creating presentations.
• Maintain knowledge of current industry trends and competitive landscape.
• Organize preliminary product development line lists figured out by management and partners.
• Liaison with creative team and partner through product development and approval process.
• Handle 3rd Party approvals working with account managers.
• Assist licensees with securing assets and property information.
• Maintain line lists and retail placement grids.
• Lead key aspects within product submission system.
• Liaise with creative team and external partners for timely approval of products.
• Prepare product presentations for retail development team and internal staff meetings.
Financial and Business Insight
• Support quarterly sales forecast process by obtaining and reviewing quarterly sales forecast information from licensees.
• Compile and analyze industry sales data and retail sell-through to identify short and long term revenue opportunities.
Team Organization and Administrative Duties
• Establish product line list and retail placement grids.
• Organize press requests/awards submissions.
• Handle all product sample organization and product requests.
• Compile UPC lists.
• Frequently prepare Powerpoint presentations.
• Organize trade show/industry event appointments, preparation, and recaps
• You have a Bachelor's degree and 1 year of meaningful experience
• You are proficient with Photoshop, Powerpoint, Excel, Word
• You have a good understanding of Nick's brand position and retail environment
• Experience in the Toy industry a plus
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to present in front of an internal and external audience
• Detail and deadline oriented, with great time management skills
• Flexible, self-starter, able to work well under pressure
• Strong problem-solving skills, strategic thinker