Art Director - Nickelodeon Preschool
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Nickelodeon is looking for an Art Director to oversee brand design creative for our Preschool properties. The Art Director will be responsible for visually communicating the Nick Jr. and Noggin brand aesthetics as they relate to marketing, videos and games for children across multiple platforms including broadcast & digital and for parent audiences across social media. A strong understanding of television video promotions and digital media is a must, as well as an aptitude for working with preschool and parent-driven materials.
Nickelodeon Preschool has an active, passionate fan base across multiple platforms, from children ages 2-8 to parents & caregivers of preschoolers. Our team works hard to develop playful, groundbreaking edutainment that ignites our fans’ passion for our IP and fosters long-term loyalty to the Nick Jr and Noggin brands.
Our mission at Nickelodeon is to make the world a more playful place. We are searching for an Art Director to help us deliver on that mission by aiding in the execution of concepts and plans that inspire our fans to play, engage and discover something new with us and our characters. This position is a fantastic opportunity to work with beloved global IP helping develop campaigns for Nickelodeon Preschool’s most iconic shows, and explore and deliver on the most exciting trends in art, design and entertainment creative.
• Act as a liaison for the Brand Design team with Animation & Brand Creative as well as internal programming divisions ensuring synergy and brand excellence
• Execute art & design that translates the attitude and values of our properties across all businesses categories
• Explore head turning creative that enhances our properties and grows our business
• Hands-on creative with excellent motion graphics abilities and strong aesthetic judgment
• Support, mentor, inspire and elevate the design team including graphic & motion designers.
• Plan and produce live action video shoots particularly the art direction of wardrobe and set styling.
• Critique work submitted by internal and external artists to ensure high quality of excellence and delivery on brand promise.
• Translate marketing objectives into creative strategies and direct team into production
• Oversee and guide creative pitches and presentations with producer partners
• Work with producers, animators and designers to produce content for on-air promotions, digital short form video across digital
• Maintain an awareness of all Nick Jr. & Noggin animated properties
• Ability to attract and retain freelance roster of amazing creatives
• Ability to network and maintain vendor relationships with agencies, fabricators, illustrators, artists, & motion design studios.
• Liaise with various departments across the organization such as network & digital programming, on-air/off-air marketing, and social to ensure a cohesive & holistic campaign is created
• Ability to concept & deliver own projects as well as assign projects to both the internal team and outside designers, agencies, fabricators and makers
• Work with project and production management to ensure timely and affordable delivery of all creative
• Position reports to VP Brand Design, Nickelodeon Preschool
• 8 years of hands-on experience in broadcast design, cable industry/entertainment marketing and motion graphics & design.
• BA in Graphic Design or Motion Design
• Discerning creative, conceptual & critical thinking skills
• Highly organized with excellent oral and written skills
• Positive collaborative demeanor with a solutions based attitude
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced agency environment
• Extensive knowledge and expertise in execution of design & animation softwares
• Excellent knowledge and brand experience in design, illustration, video & photography specifically for children and preschoolers.
• Knowledge of latest up & coming global artists, studios & vendors
• Knowledge of all relevant art mediums and styles
• Ability to articulate creative vision and evaluate quality of creative products
• Ability to adapt to a variety of styles
• Keen interest in youth pop culture and how it relates to the Nickelodeon Preschool brand & IP
• Knowledge of preschool education and children’s learning habits
• An innate kinship for the Nickelodeon & Nick Jr. brands
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in order to manage team & client relationships
• Excellent teamwork & collaboration skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Self starter that is self motivated
• Knowledge of the latest technical trends with respect to film, video, GFX design & post systems.
• Thorough knowledge of the cable network competitive landscape
• Ability to build and maintain procedures and workflow
• Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects)
• Cinema 4D and Maya experience and/or knowledge a plus