Cg Animation Director
Nickelodeon AnimationBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2022 10:10:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Cg Animation Director jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Cg Animation Director postings
Full Time Job
CG Animation Director (Star Trek: Prodigy)
Star Trek: Prodigy is looking for a CG Animation Director. For each episodic segment, someone in this role will assess scripts and storyboards for CG do ability and ensure that they work within the production models confines. Instruct on the filmmaking, continuity, and staging of each segment, make fair notes on vendor studios' animation, create any layout, key poses, and video notes necessary to instruct vendor studios in completing the segment.
• To be the custodian of the animation style of the show.
• Review episodic animation at all stages of production, provide feedback and direction to animators/studios.
• Train with the core animation team to learn the established style of the show and be responsible for seeing that style through the entire animation process and season.
• Primary teacher of the animation style to all other artists, including overseas.
• Attend meetings early in the process (board pitches, animatic reviews, etc.) to understand the episode's direction and requirements prior to animation beginning, to help ensure that vision is achieved in the final product.
• Review designs and breakdown decisions to help direct from the front on new or reused assets (instead of noting issues once into production).
• Have an excellent technical understanding of models and rigs.
• Test character rigs.
• Create Pose Libraries for episodic characters.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in Maya and Shotgun.
• Ability to manage the production schedule and resources.
• Thorough understanding of animation and film language and process.
• Ability to prioritize and work in a high pressure, demanding environment.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills.
• Satisfactory time management skills; great multi-tasker.
• BA/BS preferred.
• 3 â€'' 5 years of CG directing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.