Spring Paid Intern - Training, Media Relations
New York YankeesTampa, FL
Part Time Paid Internship
DEPARTMENT: Media Relations
REPORTS TO: Manager, Communications and Media Relations
FLSA STATUS: Part-time and Non-Exempt
Built upon our storied legacy, the New York Yankees look to attract the best possible talent not just on the field but in the front office as well. It is our shared responsibility to maintain the first-class reputation associated with the franchise in all aspects of our business.
• Compile and distribute news clippings pertaining to the Yankees, George M. Steinbrenner Field, Yankee Stadium and baseball from all Florida and New York metropolitan area newspapers, magazines and websites.
• Assist with editing and proofreading of major department publications, including the annual Media Information Guide.
• Contribute to the daily spring training game notes and produce scorecards, statpacks, rosters and other department materials.
• Assist with media at practices, home games and potentially during road games.
• Serve as the official scorer during home games.
• Amicably respond to requests from fans and members of the media involving questions about Yankees' history, statistical information, or other general matters that need attention.
• Some administrative duties, such as answering telephones, filing, making copies, etc.
• College graduate is preferred. Internships are paid positions, and college credits are NOT available.
• Prior experience working at a professional sports organization or a college sports information department preferred.
• General baseball knowledge, including ability to keep score and understand statistical information.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
• Experience using Adobe InDesign preferred.
• Proven ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
• Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
• Flexible work schedule and ability to work in an outdoor stadium environment and longer than average days.
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee. The New York Yankees are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.