Manager Event Presentation
New York Knicks / Madison Square GardenWhite Plains, NY
Full Time Job
Manager Event Presentation - Westchester Knicks
This position will play a vital role for Westchester Knicks Event Presentation. The Manager executes day-to-day logistics for the WCK event presentation department, including all Event Presentation Game Night Staff, contracted entertainment (variety acts, in-game promotions, anthem performers, ceremonies, etc.), as well as supporting MSG departments that play a key role in executing the Westchester Knicks programming and events plan each season.
The Manager is in charge of producing content for Westchester Knicks Event Presentation, which involves the run of show for each game, public address copy, graphics requests and fact sheet descriptions for game scripts, creating graphics/LED content sheets and leading activation of promotions/contests/presentations with the stage manager. Additionally, the Manager acts as the Game Director on game day. In addition to these responsibilities, the Manager will also play a vital role in executing/producing events in the community, season ticket member activations and partnership deliverables with the Westchester Knicks and Knicks Gaming.
• On Game Nights, serve as primary Game Director and lead all full and part-time team members associated with the production, including the Public-Address Announcer, control room staff, Game Night Staff, In-Arena host and Performance Groups; as well as game presentation support staff of sound technician, camera operators and game deejay.
• Work in conjunction with other departments including marketing partnerships for all in-game elements, contests, etc.
• Provide day-to-day support for Event Presentation with budget tracking, the writing and creation of scripts, managing live production elements including music, video, graphics, on-court contests, ceremonies and promotions.
• Create, develop and update game scripts and logs to properly activate all sales, marketing, and game presentation goals.
• Write all public-address scripts and prepare game night production materials.
• Communicate with all production and in-arena content suppliers to guarantee strong implementation of all game night needs.
• Drive innovation for game entertainment and the in-game experience by creating ideas and supporting a collaborative atmosphere.
• Assist in the creative development of unique theme nights and game day promotions that support overall Event Presentation Goals.
• Assist in the development of overall entertainment strategy, live event direction, creative management and coordination of in-arena electronic capabilities and technology.
• Execute and produce events for various deliverables such as community events, season ticket member outings and partnership deliverables
• Assist in coordinating efforts around the premium fan experience (i.e. VIP events)
• Produce intro video and other in-game features at media and marketing day.
• Concept and develop interactive ideas and in-game promotions that will continually improve the in-game experience. Develop profitable promotional opportunities (including, but not limited to time out promotions, quarter breaks and other in-game ideas) that benefit our fans (and corporate sales team).
• Manage all part-time/seasonal game night staff at home games and select special events. Assist in the coordination of all game day staffing and performance groups including scheduling, staffing and customer service training.
• Support EP rehearsals from the arena floor and adjust as needed to optimize execution.
• Serve as the liaison to communicate all necessary technical and logistical details/requests for games and events.
• Order control room equipment as needed.
• Ability to lead
• Need to be able to communicate with all types of people (talent, producers, union staff, etc.)
• Organizational skills are a premium with multiple tasks in a year-round environment
• Creativity is needed to exceed the norm as the department must be the most creative in all avenues of operation
• Need to be able to work well with others in a team oriented environment
Technical / Functional Competencies
• Always be able to source and act on industry trends
• Should have strong knowledge of music and live productions and techniques
• Strong communication abilities
• Knowledge of control room and positions/equipment within it
• Well versed in basketball rules and regulations / must thoroughly understand the game of basketball at the professional level
Key Experiences / Achievements
• 2-5 years of Event Presentation, Live Sports Production, or related, experience
• Proven ability to manage production teams
• Well versed in a wide array of musical knowledge
• Undergraduate college degree a must
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you have 2 years of "game calling" experience? If so, please explain.