Social Media Coordinator
New Orleans PelicansMetairie, LA
Full Time Job
The Social Media Coordinator will work closely with the Social Media Director and associates to conceptualize and create a wide range of original content for distribution on the teams' social platforms, including photos, video, graphics and more.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create relevant and compelling content for all of the teams' social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.) that engages fans, drives traffic to digital properties, stimulates follower/fan growth and generates revenue.
• Stay up to date on daily, weekly, monthly social media needs of sponsorship, community relations and youth programs activations.
• Maintain a detailed content calendar to ensure promotion of appropriate team-related content, events, marketing efforts, programs and sponsorship activations
• Demonstrate creativity in presenting the teams brand across social media while being ever mindful of internal sensitivities
• Cover games, events and other relevant appearances for social channels
• Monitor the daily social conversation of our fans, other brands, teams and influencers to gauge social media sentiment
• Closely monitor players' social media accounts; when possible, work with the players to create unique, engaging content
• Serve as a digital/social on camera host when needed.
• Work with other departments in a coordinated effort to execute social campaigns
• Develop strong knowledge of the NFL and NBA's social media policy
Required Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Digital Media, Broadcasting, Marketing, Creative Writing, or related majors
• One to two years' experience in digital or social media, or a related field preferred.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
• In addition to social media experience, writing and video editing experience for teams, websites or media outlets is preferred
• Must possess strong understanding of existing and emerging social platforms, and the ability to use and gain insights from analytics tools to constantly measure and elevate the team's social and overall digital efforts
• Highly creative, innovative thinker
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of social networking platforms
• Strong design skills using Photoshop to create graphics as needed
• Exceptional writing skills
• Strong video editing knowledge preferred
• Outstanding communication and proofreading skills; superior attention to detail
• Ability to make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion within a very subjective medium
• Strong quantitative analysis skills to interpret data preferred
• Passion and understanding for football, basketball, digital and social media
• Availability to work long irregular hours, holidays
• Ability to deliver quality work in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline driven environment
• Adaptability to handling simultaneous projects
• Ideal candidate is energetic, enthusiastic, committed, creative, hardworking, highly professional, conscientious, organized and loves learning
• Experience using content management systems a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?